💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HDD: SALES AND STREAMING PATTERNS: LISTENING TO THE DATA

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

hitsdd_photo_gal__photo_626238030.png

Here’s a chart showing sales and streaming consumption patterns year-to-date, with the data updated through 7/23. As you can see, streams and tracks have been following a parallel course. This graphic includes iTunes sales but DOES NOT include Apple Music streams, so the gap between sales/TEA and streams would be narrower with a complete data set.

Interestingly, since the 6/30 Apple Music launch, U.S. track sales have declined more steeply, whilereported streams have slipped as well. Could the slippage be the result of consumers abandoning both iTunes and other streaming platforms in favor of shiny new Apple Music? If so, will we see a lift in sales and overall streams once the novelty wears off—or more practically when the 90-day free trial ends—or is the new offering sufficiently alluring that Apple will succeed in its plan to transition from one revenue stream to another?

We’ll continue to update these trends in an effort to determine the answer.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=297000

Fiona Apple

The decline in the last months is totally normal because no big stars are releasing albums

DiscoHeaven23

I get streaming and all that but it just bugs me that album sales are suffering so much because of it. And also I'm a chart freak so I hate that now you can't really compare the sales of an album released today to the sales of an album released 10/20 years ago. 

Archived