💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Boy George praises Lady Gaga, Talks Madonna comparison.

fucbjk

Featured Posts

BoyGeorgeWEB.jpg

In an interview with Pridesource, The lead singer of the band Culture Club praised Lady Gaga's versatility, talked about what he feels about comparing her to Madonna & How trans community is still overlooked despite Caitlyn Jenner.

What do you think it says about the current state of the music industry that Gaga ended up toning down her image?

Actually, what I think is interesting about Lady Gaga is she's an incredible theatrical vocalist. She has a whole Judy Garland / Liza Minnelli thing going on, and I'm actually more of a fan of what's she's doing now than... I mean, I loved what she did in the beginning. It was great. I remember seeing her on TV and thinking, "What's she got on now?!" (Laughs) But in terms of her musicality, what she's doing now is amazing.

I was in bed a few months ago - I had to get up really early the next day - and there was an advertisement for Gaga and Tony Bennett. There was a show on TV and I said, "Well, I'll watch a bit of it and then I'll go to sleep." I ended up watching the whole thing and being gobsmacked by how great she was.

How fair are the comparisons to Madonna?

I'm not saying this to diss Madonna at all - I mean, Madonna doesn't have anything to prove to anyone; she's Madonna! - but I really felt all those comparisons were a bit stupid. Of course someone like Lady Gaga, who's younger than Madonna, is gonna be influenced by Madonna. It's a complete compliment. That's how you have to view it. Whenever I see anybody working a look that I might've had back in the day - I've done it. Why do I need to get upset about it?

Source/

Boy George Talks Culture Club Comeback, 'Stupid' Madonna / Gaga Rivalry & How Trans Community Is Still Overlooked Despite Caitlyn Jenner.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:applause:Everybody is finally seeing the Light!! 

Talent wins in the end. Sorry Madge stans! 

The Taylor Brigade: KNOCKOUT

Jjang

:applause:Everybody is finally seeing the Light!! 

Talent wins in the end. Sorry Madge stans! 

7m4tZUx.png.8df41e25d572f5e18f4948548edb

7m4tZUx.png.8df41e25d572f5e18f4948548edb

Stale shade.

Lady Gaga is objectively more talented than Madonna and Taylor. 

Jjang

Stale shade.

Lady Gaga is objectively more talented than Madonna and Taylor. 

Talent is subjective and surely goes far beyond vocal acrobatics.

somnambulist

I've never understood the comparisons. Madonna would NEVER do a song like Gypsy. She's just not that kind of artist. Gaga is discovering herself, she's done a few songs that are similar to Madonna songs, but people need to take a step back. Gaga is MUCH more theatrical and her vocals shine as opposed to madonna who is more focused on being a master performer and relies on concepts and themes more than pure vocal talent. Both are valid.

Talent is subjective and surely goes far beyond vocal acrobatics.

Then why did you come for Taylor by bolding the talent comment and posting my avatar?

smh Madonna stans never learn. :fail:

Brooke Candy

Get that well deserved praise, Queen of Music :applause:

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

Jjang

I've never understood the comparisons. Madonna would NEVER do a song like Gypsy. She's just not that kind of artist. Gaga is discovering herself, she's done a few songs that are similar to Madonna songs, but people need to take a step back. Gaga is MUCH more theatrical and her vocals shine as opposed to madonna who is more focused on being a master performer and relies on concepts and themes more than pure vocal talent. Both are valid.

Both are equally theatrical :yes: just watch The Blond Ambition Tour & The Girlie Show.

The comparisons are valid. No one can deny Madonna's influence on Gaga as an artist and performer. The real issue has always been obvious ; Madonna fans claiming Gaga's blatantly ripping off Madonna (when Madge herself denied that claim) OR Gaga fans claiming that Gaga doesn't resemble Madonna at all. It's a conflict between two close minded mentalities.

Brooke Candy

I've never understood the comparisons.

ikr. I mean Gaga is 10000x better than madonna in any way possible. 

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

PrinceGaga

"You're trynna be like everybody else but you really want to be like Boy George... Well I did anyway." - Gaga on Ellen. 

Jjang

Then why did you come for Taylor by bolding the talent comment and posting my avatar?

smh Madonna stans never learn. :fail:

Just to stimulate you by blocking your ignorance with mine.

• Jase locked this topic
  • Haroon unlocked this topic

Archived