đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Does Gaga mime her instruments during ARTPOP and Venus?

EvilChromatica

Featured Posts

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

She plays the piano in concert, but the quick guitar part in Venus isn't hooked to a mic. She did, however arrange the guitar parts on The album version, so I guess she played some of that guitar part. 

Bebe

For both of you, I would be far less quick to jump on the mod team for how they are handling a situation when you have no clue on how it is being handled. 

Neither of you can see who has been warned or when they have been warned so comments like: 

"Can a mod react in a more ineffective, lazy and biased way, I wonder.."

"I just pointed out that this way of handling the situation will do absolutely nothing to prevent the exact same thing from happening in a few days"

"I refuse to believe it takes more than a long overdue, deserved warning to solve this issue"

"So...what happens now? you called us all equally problematic (which is clearly not the case) and that's it?"

Seem very presumptuous. It could also seem like you are attacking and criticising the mod team for something you don't know anything about. We have seen the reports, we have handled them accordingly and all @Zilla has done is enter this thread to stop the argument. To tell all three of the people who were involved in bickering and making off topic posts to stop and ignore each other.

That doesn't even imply that the mod team thinks all three of you are equally guilty or innocent. Neither does it imply that the only action taken was a simple post in this thread. It's simply a request for everyone involved  in bickering to ignore each other rather than continuing to bicker. 

I mean, I really shouldn't be continuing to derail this thread myself, especially when Zilla obviously decided to step back from the situation and ignore the other comments made (which is all she was asking you guys to do, we don't dish out advice we can't follow!)

It is just pretty frustrating to see users continuously comment on how we "don't give out warning point for these posts" or how we "don't give warnings to these users" or how they are "the only ones that get warned for these posts while the other users get let off" when, generally speaking, we have given out warnings to those posts, we have given warnings to those users, and the other users haven't been let off.

This is the only thing I'm going to post here because, as I said earlier, it isn't really appropriate to discuss here.

Just take this post as a general statement for everyone and know that the next time you criticise a moderator, it's possible that the moderator was on your side! It's possible that the moderator actually has done everything you are calling them incompetent for not doing! It's possible that they were the ones in modland saying they would let your post go without warning for the WP you feel is unfair, or the ones suggesting multiple WP's for the post you were offended by! 

There is an old saying about assumptions, and maybe it's best not to make assumptions about what posts and users are getting warned, what posts and users aren't getting warned and what is and isn't being said/done in modland. There is certainly no use in getting snarky and hostile at a moderator when you don't know what actions they have and haven't taken. If you can't physically see all the actions a moderator has taken, then don't get snappy at them.

TimisaMonster

I feel the live band at the artRAVE was the worst she's had on tour...this was the one time NOT to do it or tone it down since the instrumentals had a lot of layers like you said AND it's mostly electronic "rave" sounding...that's why even PARTYNAUSEOUS sounded worse on the revamp sounding more rock and less bass...:saladga:

Stream my new single, đź’ś"Heartbeat"đź’ś, on Spotify!

Bradley

I thought so too but there's still the mystery of the two extra chords heard when they take her guitar away :Chica:

That is an evidence that she was playing it for real, isn't it? When she handed the guitar to her dancer, she accidentally touched the strings and hence made the sound. That's what I thought though.

high heeled fem

I was hoping for something like this ^

and the vma 2009 bridge

:giveup: gree hair btw...and hearts god i loved this era

Didymus

That doesn't even imply that the mod team thinks all three of you are equally guilty or innocent. Neither does it imply that the only action taken was a simple post in this thread. It's simply a request for everyone involved  in bickering to ignore each other rather than continuing to bicker.

There was only one person bickering though. I already had walked away and Jjang simply made him aware that he could be warned for his attacks. So I seriously don't understand where the "continuing to bicker"; "always go at it in every thread" comments come from to be honest and thĂ t's what's so frustrating and annoying.

I guess I did read Zilla's post as evidence that the mods hadn't done anything (also because this was already the fourth identical attack AgusPop threw at me in recent memory, three of them ignored by me) which wasn't entirely fair, I admit, but I think I explained myself well in my posts - putting us in the same corner as AgusPop was humiliating, insulting and just inaccurate to say the least. And I showed why successfully.

So I apologize for assuming the mod team didn't do anything (though I can't really tell how I could've assumed otherwise with AgusPop not changing his behavior) and my pride that led me to defend myself in a probably unnecessarily dramatic way, but my point about ignoring a context of a conflict and making grand statements about the behavior of everyone involved instead of, after reviewing report messages and reading how the conflict began even in this one thread (which should be enough), singling out the obvious source still stand.

Kayla

If anyone involved with the argument would like to continue discussion or get clarification please PM me and I'd be happy to talk about it. :hug:

For now, let's get back on topic!

Reading this thread I'm like :omg: I thought she was actually playing. I'm a little disappointed she's just miming, especially since we know she knows how to play those instruments. 

Miel

Reading this thread I'm like

:omg:

I thought she was actually playing. I'm a little disappointed she's just miming,

especially since we know she knows how to play those instruments. 

I was gonna say, we at least have several different pieces of reference of Gaga actually playing the guitar, most specifically the acoustic version of Venus she did for the X-Factor.

https://vimeo.com/77972407

I mean, they're not that great tbh, but she's playing chords that harmonically go with her vocals (even though I much prefer iv-i-v-vi to iv-vi-v-iii), so I don't doubt she's playing those same ones on tour.

Though, I understand why if she wanted to mute it more, considering guitar is not her main instrument.

As for ARTPOP at the artrave, or even Electric Chapel at the BTWB, I can vouch that I heard at least some sort of live feedback.

For ARTPOP, at least in this particular video, you can hear when she spans the keys to the lower range, proving that there's at least something going on.

https://youtu.be/J7pGsp8vjco?t=5m55s

For Electric Chapel, she did a similar spanning/pitch bend with the strings, and you could hear at least a weird feedback from it. My guess is her guitar was on a weirder filter, maybe even a synth filter. I heard it at my show, idk if I can find a video of it though.

3 points in and ready for more

Saint Laurent

I thought so too but there's still the mystery of the two extra chords heard when they take her guitar away :Chica:

They were not chords, her dancer grabbed the guitar and it probably hit here skin, that noise was not supposed to be there. 

As for the mic pack, she had her mouth piece on and the guitar was amplified a little through that, but it was very quiet anyway so. 

phantasmas

how dare all of you

:legend:she would never betray me like this :legend:

:green: would she....? 

Head Empty

She has mimed them before. Remember those messy You and I performances on Paul O'Grady and Oprah where she forgot to starthitting the keys when the song started playing? :lmao:

As for artRAVE, it would "make sense" for her to mime the guitar, just like how she had the real houswives messily "playing" them in the GUY video. I do hope she starts valuing her piano skills more though.

NewUsername

I think the keytar and guitar might sometimes be (partly) playback, but normally she always plays the piano live

ShockPop

The keytar usually plays a buzzing synth in the background rather than the main part when she plays.

Kitana

I was hoping for something like this ^

and the vma 2009 bridge

sorry to burst your bubble but the vma bridge is in the studio track and not played by her.all she is doing is playing the chord of the strings playing in the background (the same strings that also play in the beginning after her singing "ill pray the fame wont take my life")

You will learn respect!

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived