💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Could anyone tell me... (ITunes related)

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

DiscoHeaven23

When you search an artist on iTunes, are the songs and albums that are listed first basically a chart of the best selling songs and albums of that artist in the last 24 hours?

I.e. The first songs that show up for Gaga are 1) Poker Face 2) You and I. 3) Applause etc..

Economy

are u asking how the chart works?

if so we know they are compiled based on sales of a certain time span and some suggest ratings may play a small part on the formula for charting as well (but since most songs are rated high anyway rating impact would be muted)

but apple hasnt made it public in detail how they use the data to make charts. we dont know the specific time span they go back or if charts are purely based on sales or not

LePetitGAGABLover

I'm not quite sure. I think its a weekly or monthly basis, not a daily basis

DiscoHeaven23

are u asking how the chart works?

if so we know they are compiled based on sales of a certain time span and some suggest ratings may play a small part on the formula for charting as well (but since most songs are rated high anyway rating impact would be muted)

but apple hasnt made it public in detail how they use the data to make charts. we dont know the specific time span they go back or if charts are purely based on sales or not

wow thanks for taking the time to write all that! You da bomb! So also, when I type in Gaga are those songs and albums ordered from best selling to worst selling according to iTunes formula? Based on the songs, it would seem to make sense to me that that's how they do it. 

RAMROD

They show it based on best selling and popularity rates in.their store.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Economy

wow thanks for taking the time to write all that! You da bomb! So also, when I type in Gaga are those songs and albums ordered from best selling to worst selling according to iTunes formula? Based on the songs, it would seem to make sense to me that that's how they do it. 

i would assume so...

i mean for charts they use sales (and possibly ratings play a small factor as well). i dont know for sure if for other listings outside of charts they also use the same method or not but probably

I wish they would disclose the time period they track back to tho... no one knows if the charts look at sales back on  12h, 24h, or 48h etc

clearly they dont backtrack too long as new releases can shoot up to #1 within hours and start falling within as little as 1-2 days so clearly they dont look back for too long

its also possible they take different weight factors... like recent sales count for more points in the formula than sales from say 1 week ago. But again, apple has not disclosed the exact formula they use to compile the charts so we just dont know :shrug:

ChasingGhosts

I think its based off sales. In Australia: Born This Way, Bad Romance and Applause are the top three under Songs and ARTPOP, Born This Way and Cheek To Cheek are the top three under Albums.

Born This Way > Joanne > The Fame Monster > The Fame > ARTPOP

Archived