💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Is Sad Satan the scariest video game ever?

Tove Lo

Featured Posts

Tove Lo

Is Sad Satan the scariest video game ever? Or is it even more disturbing than that?

1321735362613810246.png

It was discovered on the deep web and nobody seems to know what it is or where it came from, but is Sad Satan more than just a game?

You have to be brave even to download Sad Satan, let alone play it. Posted, with no explanation, on the dark web, nobody seems to know who made it, what it’s for, or even what you’re supposed to do in it.

Sad Satan was first brought to light by ‘Jamie’, who runs the YouTube channel Obscure Horror Corner. One of his viewers had been digging around on the deep web, a part of the Internet that is not covered by search engine and, amongst other things, allows you to upload files anonymously.

According to an interview with Kotaku the viewer suggested Jamie might be interested in playing the game, and so he decided to give it a go. After checking the files for malware and viruses he loaded it up and found the strangest, most disturbing survival horror game there’s ever been.

Except it’s not really a game, as you don’t fight monsters or do anything much other than walk through a constantly changing maze of light and shadow – occasionally coming across very creepy sounds and the occasional static image.

One of these images is of Jimmy Savile and Margaret Thatcher at an awards ceremony, which combined with some of the sounds, and other imagery, has convinced some that the horrors of child abuse are the main inspiration for the game.

Sad Satan is crudely made, has no real gameplay, and doesn’t seem to be very long. But it is horribly upsetting to sit through even the YouTube videos – and we advise caution before watching any of them.

If you want to play it yourself though it’s not even clear whether the game still exists, as Jamie deleted it (apparently it was creating NotePad files on his desktop, filled with gibberish text and the number 666) and it doesn’t seem to have turned up anywhere else yet.

And so the question remains: what is Sad Satan? One guess is that it’s some sort of viral marketing or ARG for a movie or game. But even the most complex of those want to be solved, or they’re no good for advertising – so it’s unlikely to be that.

The most plausible is that it’s just someone’s idea of fun, creating a new bit of Internet mythology similar to Slender Man or the various other creepypastas.

Source: http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/07/is-sad-satan-the-scariest-video-game-ever-or-is-it-even-more-disturbing-than-that-5284725/

The game is just really unsettling. Mainly because it came from the deep web and what the game could do.

hop on that **** like a maniac

Robotboy

you expect me to watch these im all alone :eww:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Azor Ahai

I don't think it's scary I find the random pixels and the weird voice funny :toofunny: 

Tove Lo

I don't think it's scary I find the random pixels and the weird voice funny :toofunny: 

There's more to it though. Go read the kotaku  interview.

Tropico

Lemme bookmark this thread and watch the videos in the morning because there is no chance I'm gonna watch those videos at this hour. :emma: 

Sounds so scary. Someone watch them and tell me if I should keeping in mind that paranormal activity creeps the f--k outta me :emma: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tove Lo

you expect me to watch these im all alone :eww:

I turned down the volume and just skipped through lol

nikola

i love games....and i am big game nerd.......but i never heard of this...let me try and watch ....

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Tove Lo

Lemme bookmark this thread and watch the videos in the morning because there is no chance I'm gonna watch those videos at this hour. :emma: 

Sounds so scary. Someone watch them and tell me if I should keeping in mind that paranormal activity creeps the **** outta me :emma: 

They're just unsettling and creepy. Not really "scary" per say. 

FrankGutz

i like what i saw on the video, wiith some monsters it could be a good game, a darker doom tbh

MANDY MOORE | LADY GAGA | SOPHIE ELLIS-BEXTOR

PoshLife

Not remotely the most horrifying thing on the dark web. That place is a cesspool of child p0rnography and animal cruelty.

Tove Lo

Not remotely the most horrifying thing on the dark web. That place is a cesspool of child p0rnography and animal cruelty.

That's the thing though, people are saying the game contained real audio of kids screaming and CP. :eww: If you got farther into the game.

Judas Oyster

If you want to play it yourself though it’s not even clear whether the game still exists, as Jamie deleted it (apparently it was creating NotePad files on his desktop, filled with gibberish text and the number 666) and it doesn’t seem to have turned up anywhere else yet.

Okey, that part lost me... But I'm gonna check out the videos now

Edit: I love the glitchy artwork tbh. It is a little disturbing, but I actually don't expect any monster or satan to come out all of the sudden, so it's not scary. BUT if I would play it alone in the dark I would get a little scared because of the sounds only.

Kulture Kiari

How the freak do you go on stuff in the deep web without a search engine? Literally, everything I end up on is thanks to search engines. :huh:

Archived