💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Miguel: "I make better music than Frank Ocean"

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

In a conversation with the U.K.’s Sunday Times, he spoke out about comparisons to his peers including Frank Ocean, who he ran into at a London hotel bar during the interview.

“We’re, er, cordial. I wouldn’t say we were friends,” says Miguel, who lost the Grammy for Best Urban Contemporary Album to Ocean’s Channel ORANGE in February 2013. While the rest of the crowd at Staples Center stood for Ocean, Miguel remained seated.

He admits that when it comes to his art, he’s “super-competitive.” “To be completely honest—and no disrespect to anyone—I genuinely believe that I make better music, all the way around,” declares Miguel, whose third album Wildheart dropped last month.

When asked about other R&B singers like Ocean and The Weeknd, Miguel suggests that he will outlast them. “It’s interesting,” he explains, “but we’ll see who’s in it for the long haul. It’s like a marathon, you know.”

So does he envy Ocean’s status as a troubled soul? “That’s Frank. Frank is the tortured. That’s his thing. That’s not who I am. I may not be dark—as dark—and I may not be as poetic, but I’m living my real ****.”

Source: http://www.rap-up.com/2015/07/06/miguel-i-make-better-music-than-frank-ocean/

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
inuborg

Miguel needs to stop lying to himself tbh 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

artRaver

He needs to chill and avoid stirring up shenanigans.

miguel-kicks-fan.gif

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Vernier

I feel like their music isn't even that similar. Franck Ocean makes more "deep", introspective music, while Miguel is mostly s-x and love fueled(look how straight I am) R'n'B :emma: Both are good, but they don't really seem comparable to me.

But Miguel can stay pressed tho, this isn't the first time he'll make catty comments towards Frank Ocean, while the latter keeps paying him dust

8hCasvO.gif

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

TimisaMonster

It just seems like Miguel is pressed he's not as famous/popular/successful as Frank Ocean and that he lost the Grammy to him...technically showing Franks music was seen to the Grammy board his music was better.

But to say he'll last longer and his music is better is his opinion and not fact...it's subjective and not a guarantee he'll be remembered...

I do get that every artist SHOULD think they're making better music than everyone but he just sounds like another Kanye ... Not appealing in any way

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

mr.peter

But.. :giveup:

Thats not Frank, its some guy by the name Mateo. The internet believes this is still Frank after all these years for some reason 

thatfoxyfeeling

The fact he thinks he is better than The Weeknd :rip:

No Angel

Okay let me just say this as a fan of Miguel. In all honesty, I just don't get the hype over Frank Ocean. He's a great songwriter and he's fine as hell, yes, but I'm personally just more into Miguel. Wildheart is a gem, and everyone saying "who" needs to check it out as well as his first two records which are outstanding. Maybe you'll change your mind.

Having said that, I am not a fan of Miguel's interviews. He seems great as a person, exceptional as a singer-songwriter, and his thought process in terms of his music and visuals are outstanding. But when it comes to knowing someone on a personal level, I just don't care to know. There's some singers (like him and even my bigger fave, Beyoncé) I just don't care to know on a personal level. When it comes to the latter, It's always fun knowing about her since she barely shares anything with us, but if she were to continue being the private woman she is, I wouldn't mind. When it comes to him, he's kind of annoying. His radio interviews were never anything interesting to me...he seemed quite annoying in all honesty, but I love him as a musician. Even prior to the release of "Coffee," he made comments about him wanting this album to prove to his naysayers that he's a straight man -- as if we cared about his s-xual orientation. Certain comments he makes in his newest interviews just rub me the wrong way.

tl;dr: There's some people who should share their personal lives with us so we can give a feel about who they are, and there are others who just don't need to.

In terms of these comments, I agree. He does make better music -- it's just my preference, but the way he went about it just...catty. I think Kaleidoscope Dream deserved the Grammy over channelORANGE, but it is what it is. He's just coming off as bitter. In all honesty, they are two totally different musicians and their sounds have never sounded similar to me. This is why it's important to have a good PR team and it's also good when to fight your battles -- cause he ain't winning this one. Just make music, damn.

Archived