Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Lol how come everybody can't tolerate Dope?

Carmex

Featured Posts

I find it odd since Dope got so much praise back when it was released a promotional single and she was performing it on TV and what not. I personally can't listen to it because I just find it so cringe-worthy. "I need you more than dope" :saladga: "I Wanna Be With You" was much better IMO. But overall I think Dope is a respectable song about her overcoming an addiction for people she loves.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Child

Omg I was waiting for this thread all day :laughga:

I just hated it since the first time I listened to it, I never got into I Wanna Be With You, can't even remember how it sounds tbh and Dope is just too depressive for me, the vocals are bad bad bad.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

honza

I really like the song (although I liked IWBWY better), and I don't understand all the hate for it :blehga: 

Come along with me and the butterflies and bees

Giorno Giovanna

"....everybody..."

:neyde:

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

I like Dope. It is just not my jam, you know? I only listen to it when I'm in the mood. And I Wanna Be With You was a much better song.

monsterdreams

I really like it, but I prefr IWBWY

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

The Child

"....everybody..."

:neyde:

is looking for something :music:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

AnglerfishbraBENUS

It's one of her best melodies. And the vocals are amazing 

eifulien

Well, I love how it functions in the tracklist. It makes a perfect sense after MJH. But it is simply not relatable to me. And I hope I will never feel that bad in my life honestly. I wanna be with you had that positive vibe at the Swinefest, but Dope is the better more polished song. I mean IWBWY is a bit cheesy... :sweat:

CatelynnMarie

I just really don't like the production of the song or the vocals. Also I was hoping for IWBWY and was slightly disappointed. I don't despise the song, but I definitely don't like it and I typically skip over it. 

Head Empty

It's one of the top songs on the album if you ask me. I can understand that people don't enjoy it, but it still deserves a lot of respect because it's one of Gaga's most volnurable songs.

I'm glad she changed it from "I Wanna Be With You", because now it has a lot more character and is a true Gaga record, rather than a seemingly standard song.

• ChicaSkas locked this topic

Archived