💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Katy Perry on the cover of FORBES (in a money suit)

GagaMyBlood95

Featured Posts

Whispering

I'll never stop calling it out becuase it's wrong. We should be above it.

You have hundreds of threads to get to, then. I won't tie up anymore of your time, since you have so much to do, but I look forward to your "calling it out" comments in every thread on this site...especially in the threads about Gaga! :) 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like that she did the cover, nothing shameful about that! But the styling and photography, oh god as a photographer it looks so tacky. Wish it was more of a Time 100 feel! This one looks like a promo poster for the lottery. :messga:   

You have hundreds of threads to get to, then. I won't tie up anymore of your time, since you have so much to do, but I look forward to your "calling it out" comments in every thread on this site...especially in the threads about Gaga! :) 

A: I don't spend enough time here to catch/see all instances of it, nor would all instances of it be worth a reply

B: bashing Katy Perry becuase of some malformed perception of what being a LM means is entirely different from criticising Gaga from the view-point of a fan

C: Why would you care so much about what I said? Do I smell some obsession? If I do make sure to buy Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel on iTunes :flirt:

Whispering

A: I don't spend enough time here to catch/see all instances of it, nor would all instances of it be worth a reply

B: bashing Katy Perry becuase of some malformed perception of what being a LM means is entirely different from criticising Gaga from the view-point of a fan

C: Why would you care so much about what I said? Do I smell some obsession? If I do make sure to buy Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel on iTunes

You spend enough time on here to criticise Gaga. Calling people out under the lie of "calling out negativity", when you do the same towards Gaga is both obvious and hypocritical. 

Some people simply don't care for KP or respect her or her music, for that matter. There are several artists I feel this way about, and that opinion would be the same, with or without Gaga in the music world. 

Why do you care so much if people have negative views of any artist? Why are you so upset when others have negative opinions on artists, when you do the same thing? 

You spend enough time on here to criticise Gaga. Calling people out under the lie of "calling out negativity", when you do the same towards Gaga is both obvious and hypocritical. 

Some people simply don't care for KP or respect her or her music, for that matter. There are several artists I feel this way about, and that opinion would be the same, with or without Gaga in the music world. 

Why do you care so much if people have negative views of any artist? Why are you so upset when others have negative opinions on artists, when you do the same thing? 

Criticism does not equal bashing. Not liking something doesn't warrant bashing. Saying KP isn't a great artist is different from accusing her of payola.

I have negative opinions of many artists, I just stay away from talking about them becuase spewing hateful filth everywhere doesn't really add anything good to a conversation.

Now since you lack the intelligence to even distinguish criticism from bashing, I'm done talking with you. You're clearly just angry/deluded and don't want to really talk anything out, you just want to pointlessly argue. Do not reply to me and stop going through my posts desperately finding reasons to bash me :saladga:

Whispering

Criticism does not equal bashing. Not liking something doesn't warrant bashing. Saying KP isn't a great artist is different from accusing her of payola.

I have negative opinions of many artists, I just stay away from talking about them becuase spewing hateful filth everywhere doesn't really add anything good to a conversation.

Exactly....except people (including you) bash all artists here, including...and especially, Gaga. 

Except when it comes to Gaga. For some reason, the artist this site is dedicated to doesn't fall under your special set of rules and guidelines. Hateful posts and negativity are either allowed for all or none. Which is it? 

Kacey Elizabeth

Not to put her down but Metacritic disagrees

As StrawberryBlond said in another thread, critical acclaim does not reflect whether an album is bad or good, or the quality of an artist and musician. Katy is a female pop star, before PRISM (which generally recieved critical acclaim from critics btw), she had Teenage Dream (52 score) and lots of music critics are men in their 40s and 50s, and so obviously an album as girly and sugary as Teenage Dream won't appeal to them. Not to mention that media influences male music critics in their 40s and 50s to don't like albums which are made by women and appeal to a young female audience. A lot of critics are not as professional and genuine as we might think that they are. Most critics just view things the way that media tells them to. 

The conclusion is that critical acclaim does not necessarily represent whether an artist/musician and their material is good or not. And the reason One Of The Boys was panned by so many critics was mainly for Ur So Gay (which they misinterpreted). 

Your Candy Perfume Girl

Looking at her outfits I'm amazed how she is perceived to be the one with the good taste and not dressing as something.

lego

Tacky.:excuseu:

And I would say the same if it would be Gaga.

FreePalestine

AbuHassan1992

I'm aware of that but I clearly remember other issues where young pop stars just looked their age, like Biebs & Beyoncé. I prefer that look for Katy. I get what they were trying to do here but I don't think it paid off, is all.

does it matter? do you care THAT much about what someone else looks like, while completely missing the point?

I think other women didn't want to appear in the front cover not because they weren't proud of their success but because they're humble. Can you ever see Gaga doing something like this when she's named one of the top earners or something? Katy just rubs me off the wrong way every single time.

Didymus

does it matter? do you care THAT much about what someone else looks like, while completely missing the point?

I don't.. I just said she looks older than she is for no reason :Chica: Is that so dramatic?

The mandatory "Katy is successful and I'm pressed" thread of the day 

Basically. :lmao: Congrats to Katy for being global now.

Whispering

Did Beyonce appear on the cover last year, because she was actually #1 last year.

I really don't remember. :shrug:

Archived