💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Iggy Azalea Blames Britney Spears for 'Pretty Girls' Not Being a Hit

Stef

Featured Posts

Britney fans are still in denial. They act like she can make a decent performance. They pre-recorded her Billboard awards performance and it still look so bad.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's Britney's fault. She's the main artist. But I can understand why she doesn't promote it; she recently part ways with her long-time boyfriend. That hurt. 

-

Mess @ the asshole part. :rip: 

I could get with the whole "she makes music for her fans now" spiel if the album was good. Not saying she needs to get behind production credits and write every lyric. But something that she feels personally connected to as she did with In the Zone. What was Britney Jean? It was a half-baked attempt at a pop fodder record that wasnt really great for general consumers any more than it was for fans. Like, just make a good pop record. Look at Blackout, technically its performance on the charts wasnt spectacular but it was a dope ass pop record and its regarded as such. And it wasn't personal and it wanst substantial but it was good pop sleaze. Thats what Britney can do. If she could make another good album now it will do well on the charts by default. So this whole "its not for the charts" excuse doesn't really work for me. Idk, im rambling now. Too many branches of thoughts going every which way I dont even know where im going with this lol

I am about to be ironic & say I do think Blackout was personal.... it doesn't sound like it is, but listen for certain lyrics

Gimme More is obviously about s-x, but it's also about how to media always wants more and more of her personal life

Piece Of Me, her comeback at the media

Heaven On Earth is about finding true love

Toy Soldier "Cause new Britney's on a mission", it's about her wishing she had real people in her life to protect her, not fake b---hes that will just bail on her, also her fight against the press

Perfect Lover is about the feeling inside about being with somebody you truly love

Why Should I Be Sad combats the myth of a celebrity life being perfect, "Why Should I Be Sad, I'm in love", it was fake love...

And also many key events showed Britney's vulnerable side, such as the Gimme More situation, Break The Ice situation, basically the whole era was a situation & then of course her team didn't let her have a proper break resulting in Circusney, then she relapsed in 2010 also due to not being given a proper break & relationship problems, which resulted in Femme Fataleney/X-Factorney, so Britney Jean & Pretty Girls are her first real break & she's trying to enjoy being stable, her kids & just having fun..... Iggy should have known that :awkney:

Also the song didn't do well because of Iggy, let's face it a lot of people don't like her & lack of promo... but again there is a reason promo is a problem.

Also I find it really ****ing offensive when people call Britney a robot, so what if she is on treatment for her anxiety & mental health issues, she needs it like how a Diabetic person would need Insulin... yes a lot of these meds make you stiff or personality-less but she needs it & comments like that only add to the stigma of mental health & BTW I suffer from very similar things as Britney & I am going through treatment, so when you mock her, you're mocking me :awkney:

retroglamx

The song is bad. Really bad. The video is worse. Britney looks hella cute tho but the video sucks. Not even Beyonce could have saved this mess.

Pink flamingos always fascinated me.

Spock

Britney's flawless shade though :applause:

who will love me when the night is over

Though shading the pop star you feature on one of her songs is not very smart.

Especially when she has as many rabid fans as Britney, and the rap world is already against you.

Psychedelic

She basically shaded Britney's team, not Britney herself. Britney's fire back was priceless though.

blacklistedd

I am about to be ironic & say I do think Blackout was personal.... it doesn't sound like it is, but listen for certain lyrics

Gimme More is obviously about s-x, but it's also about how to media always wants more and more of her personal life

Piece Of Me, her comeback at the media

Heaven On Earth is about finding true love

Toy Soldier "Cause new Britney's on a mission", it's about her wishing she had real people in her life to protect her, not fake b---hes that will just bail on her, also her fight against the press

Perfect Lover is about the feeling inside about being with somebody you truly love

Why Should I Be Sad combats the myth of a celebrity life being perfect, "Why Should I Be Sad, I'm in love", it was fake love...

And also many key events showed Britney's vulnerable side, such as the Gimme More situation, Break The Ice situation, basically the whole era was a situation & then of course her team didn't let her have a proper break resulting in Circusney, then she relapsed in 2010 also due to not being given a proper break & relationship problems, which resulted in Femme Fataleney/X-Factorney, so Britney Jean & Pretty Girls are her first real break & she's trying to enjoy being stable, her kids & just having fun..... Iggy should have known that :awkney:

Also the song didn't do well because of Iggy, let's face it a lot of people don't like her & lack of promo... but again there is a reason promo is a problem.

Also I find it really ****ing offensive when people call Britney a robot, so what if she is on treatment for her anxiety & mental health issues, she needs it like how a Diabetic person would need Insulin... yes a lot of these meds make you stiff or personality-less but she needs it & comments like that only add to the stigma of mental health & BTW I suffer from very similar things as Britney & I am going through treatment, so when you mock her, you're mocking me :awkney:

Blackout is sort of an accurate reflection of how she was perceived at that time, its hard to call it personal  but its certainly a good representation of that era of not only her life but tabloid culture in general and that whole wild celeb phase (Paris, Britney, Lindsay).

And calling her a pop machine is not necessarily me saying she as a person is a robot. I think in terms of her brand and what she is in popular music she is a seasoned machine that churns out top 40 fodder. Thats what her fans want, thats what her demographic is, so thats what she makes. Even if its supposedly "just for her fans".

gagaconvert

I think it flopped because the song is just awful.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! lol

Riot Poof

I'm honestly surprised "Pretty Girls" even made Top 40.

I'm not a woman. I'm not a man. I am something that you'll never understand.

JustifyMyLove

I don't think it's flopping very hard, I've seen the music video In several MTV channels a lot of times, and even on a Spain music channel (where they are used to only air indie music).. It might help to sales maybe?

Julia Volkova #1 stan

aaronyoji

maybe pop artists should just release quality music then??? idk seems simple enough to me. or maybe people with actual talent should be getting airplay....

lego

maybe pop artists should just release quality music then??? idk seems simple enough to me. or maybe people with actual talent should be getting airplay....

PB8SeNT.gif

FreePalestine

Archived