💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Seriously the similarities between Madonna's American Life video and...

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

JusKeepBreathin

Seriously the similarities between Madonna's American Life uncensored video and The Kids in the Hall sketch is undeniable. LOL Even Madonna's hair is similar to Francesca's black parted hair. The runway show, the violence and the model with the leg as an accessory. LOL Now we know when Madonna got her inspiration from. 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Robotboy

madonna. the definition of reductive :pole:

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Jenniferella

Let's not take this spoof kind of thing to the level of American Life's original video

EDIT : To talk about inspiration/stealing on a Gaga forum is the ultimate joke.

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

RAMROD

The incoming, I shall wait.

pigeon_popcorn.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Jenniferella

inb4 people bringing back the "recuctive" comment (that they STILL don't understand after all those years)..

Oh wait :fat:

Get a grip, nobody is talking about Gaga here. 

And it's well known that Madonna stole much more stuff than Gaga. Enough already with your little whiny defensive comments you always do on Gaga/Madonna threads

Jenniferella

Get a grip, nobody is talking about Gaga here. 

And it's well known that Madonna stole much more stuff than Gaga. Enough already with your little whiny defensive comments you always do on Gaga/Madonna threads

I don't always do them, just really often. Get a grip as well. Madonna has ALWAYS used references from other artists, paid tributes (Material Girl, Hollywood...) in her videos and sometimes it's so obvious that you just can't say "she copied and got away with it !". In that particular case, I just don't see how the similarities could lead to discredit Madonna because the tone, the message and the purpose are all different. But yeah, we're on a Gaga forum...

Tropico

Why do some Madonna stans feel the need to make us all look wrong and deluded? :green:

they cannot help putting down Gaga to defend Madonna. As seen in this very thread. 

Stans in general do this. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

JusKeepBreathin

Let's not take this spoof kind of thing to the level of American Life's original video

So you do or don't think there are similarities? 

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

In what way is AL a copy of That parody?? The point of The video is a glamorization of american war culture and mentality and all thar over the board patriotism as a mask for power hunger etc. The context IS conpletely and utterly different. Jeez....

The violence in The runway may be an inspiration, or just a mere coincident. This is pretty random. However the inspiration or idea for The runway scene is great and nothing like a copy, unoriginal or reductive.

And yes, so many ppl still don't understand  the comment....

IF The OT is taking this road, it's completely justified to ask where ALL The similar "inspirations" Gaga uses ALL The time as well are? 

Archived