đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Gaga RT and answers to the violence at the IstanbulPride

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Shadow

you can't compare turkey with Syria. :smh:

very sad sad that this happened on European ground. Even parts of Europe have long way to go

Again, you missed the point of the example, as the situation could have been worse.

It's ironic that you shake your head thinking you "know all too well" when you really expose the distance you need to grasp to understand what I'm talking about. If one reduces one's frame of reference so narrowly, it would be too easy to miss aspects of an issue or situation. 

If you wish to learn more about a topic, you need to think objectively and try to see more angles of a debate to better understand where they are coming from. The world is not black or white, it is numerous shades of gray that need to be distinguished before coming to conclusions.

I attempted to help you see that before, but you need to get the chip off your shoulder. Pride like ignorance are blinding until one sets them down. Before you get offended, jump to conclusions, or try to challenge me with a narrow frame of reference, take time to think about it.

said it could have been worse, because the Turkish authorities from the report used nonlethal weapons to disburse the crowd when they could have used live ammunition like other nations have done to their own people. My example of Syria's reaction to protests was more situation focused since the parade occurred in a country who has enough sense to preserve human life even though they still lack the preservation of free speech and human rights of the LGBT community.

Silence those demons... . đź–¤

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kabexuela

Turkey is a mess

I remember visiting Kusadasi, Turkey back in 2002 and there was so much tension in the air it could be cut with a knife.  Times will change for the better.  I have faith.

Melech

Again, you missed the point of the example, as the situation could have been worse.

It's ironic that you shake your head thinking you "know all too well" when you really expose the distance you need to grasp to understand what I'm talking about. If one reduces one's frame of reference so narrowly, it would be too easy to miss aspects of an issue or situation. 

If you wish to learn more about a topic, you need to think objectively and try to see more angles of a debate to better understand where they are coming from. The world is not black or white, it is numerous shades of gray that need to be distinguished before coming to conclusions.

I attempted to help you see that before, but you need to get the chip off your shoulder. Pride like ignorance are blinding until one sets them down. Before you get offended, jump to conclusions, or try to challenge me with a narrow frame of reference, take time to think about it.

said it could have been worse, because the Turkish authorities from the report used nonlethal weapons to disburse the crowd when they could have used live ammunition like other nations have done to their own people. My example of Syria's reaction to protests was more situation focused since the parade occurred in a country who has enough sense to preserve human life even though they still lack the preservation of free speech and human rights of the LGBT community.

What does it matter if the situation was worse ? Do you think LGBT in Turkey jump happy around that the police didn't use real guns? 

I don't really get what you are trying to say to me with the rest of this post. I think something like that would be better via PM. 

Shadow

What does it matter if the situation was worse ? Do you think LGBT in Turkey jump happy around that the police didn't use real guns? 

I don't really get what you are trying to say to me with the rest of this post. I think something like that would be better via PM. 

I didn't say the LGBT community should be happy about what happened. I'm basically grateful for them that no one was killed from what I've seen in the reports. It does suck about the Turkish government not respecting human rights, I definitely find that sad and it shows far more work needs to be done to bring more equality to this world.

If you didn't get what what I was saying, that was the problem I was addressing since you continue to judge me based on misunderstandings from what I stated. I was hoping to resolve this civilly to show others on this forum how to handle disagreements in a mature fashion and without breaking the rules. 

Silence those demons... . đź–¤

Archived