💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Britney & Tayor Remain Frontrunners For Super Bowl Halftime Show

Godney

Featured Posts

monketsharona

To me it's going to be Taylor or a legend who has decades of hits and success. Just look at their last choices. They either pick someone who had a very successful year (Katy, Bruno, The Black Eyed Peas) or a legend who has years and years of successes (Beyoncé, Madonna, The Who).

I don't even understand  why people believed Gaga could have been a choice for 2016 halftime. No shade here but Gaga's last successful album for the GP (the aim of this halftime) is BTW and the last smashing global hit is BTW. Both are from 2011. 

Though I could definitely see them considering Gaga as a performer for 2017 if she has a very succesful era and smashing hits in 2016. 

Gaga also could be invited by the performer of 2016. Not holding my breath for this. But it could happen.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monster2015

Gaga has enough hits to put on a fantastic show! It's roughly 30-31 minutes including the artists' intro and outro. So I would say at least about 6-8 songs

Katy's setlist (6 songs. minus Missy Elliot)

Roar 
Dark Horse 
I Kissed a Girl 
(with Lenny Kravitz)
Teenage Dream 
California Gurls 
Get Ur Freak On 
(Missy Elliott) 
Work It 
(Missy Elliott)
Lose Control 
(Missy Elliott)
Firework 

Gaga's (my opinion) setlist

1. (LG5 Hit)
2. Poker Face
3. Paparazzi
4. Video phone/Telephone (gaga's part with chorus) (with Beyonce)

[at piano]

5. The Edge Of Glory
6. Born This Way

[leaves piano. back to stage]

7. Bad Romance
8. Applause

I think lovegame would fit too but idk where. Point is. You don't necessarily need recent hits to perform. Dark Horse was the only hit from Prism she performed. The rest are from her first two albums. cut some slack. 

AlbiCalderone

I seriously want Gaga to do the freaking half time and bring Britney to sing telephone with her. And I want Gaga to bring Madonna on stage too, imagine the ****ing slayage omg

flopheart

Britney??? seriously? please.

they'll choose a male artist this year, maybe a band

Miel

I know it's not really on topic but man did they miss out with Gaga.

3 points in and ready for more

blacklistedd

Im sure it will be Taylor, she fits the bill. Sure maybe shes not a larger than life stage performer but neither is Katy Perry. Shes one of if not the biggest pop star in America these days, a superbowl performance seems inevitable.

I could also see Britney doing it as well, but not Gaga. Definitely not Gaga. Not yet anyway, if ever.

But considering theyve made a thing out of choosing female performers moreso than anything else, I can see them taking a left turn and choosing a band this year instead.

GlitterAndGrease

Im sure it will be Taylor, she fits the bill. Sure maybe shes not a larger than life stage performer but neither is Katy Perry. Shes one of if not the biggest pop star in America these days, a superbowl performance seems inevitable.

I could also see Britney doing it as well, but not Gaga. Definitely not Gaga. Not yet anyway, if ever.

But considering theyve made a thing out of choosing female performers moreso than anything else, I can see them taking a left turn and choosing a band this year instead.

Taylor is out of the map because she hs a contract with diet coke and there are conflicts with pepsi. Britney could do it. Her Vegas show ends in December so she is out of that contract

blacklistedd

Taylor is out of the map because she hs a contract with diet coke and there are conflicts with pepsi. Britney could do it. Her Vegas show ends in December so she is out of that contract

Is she really? They aren't making it sound like shes off the roster. Otherwise they would've been like nope, its not Taylor Swift.

Chuckles

Gaga has enough hits to put on a fantastic show! It's roughly 30-31 minutes including the artists' intro and outro. So I would say at least about 6-8 songs

Katy's setlist (6 songs. minus Missy Elliot)

Roar 
Dark Horse 
I Kissed a Girl 
(with Lenny Kravitz)
Teenage Dream 
California Gurls 
Get Ur Freak On 
(Missy Elliott) 
Work It 
(Missy Elliott)
Lose Control 
(Missy Elliott)
Firework 

Gaga's (my opinion) setlist

1. (LG5 Hit)
2. Poker Face
3. Paparazzi
4. Video phone/Telephone (gaga's part with chorus) (with Beyonce)

[at piano]

5. The Edge Of Glory
6. Born This Way

[leaves piano. back to stage]

7. Bad Romance
8. Applause

I think lovegame would fit too but idk where. Point is. You don't necessarily need recent hits to perform. Dark Horse was the only hit from Prism she performed. The rest are from her first two albums. cut some slack. 

Poker Face should be first, I don't think Edge of Glory would be performed, and your missing out on Just Dance!

Also in for Rolling Stones + Gaga

Americano

With Lady Gaga's taste for high-profile events in the past 12 months (that's basically ALL she's done.. Big award shows or Olympics), I can see her doing the Super Bowl next year.

Lets hope that it is Britney because her career must end. The fact that 100 million people will watch it makes me have faith that there still are people on this planet that will push this fraud on her retirement  because what happened in the last 5 years it is unacceptable. She cant sing. She cant dance. Even her directors cant make a decent music video with all the doubles and editing because she is dancing worse than most grandmothers. I must say. At this point, I prefer to be a fan of a real robot singer than this.

You seem so pressed :lolly:

Nicole

Britney has to do it sooner or later though. Whether people like it or not, she's a pop icon whose name is known to everyone in the United States. Everyone needs to stop pulling the lip synching card as if it's new knowledge and she's been hiding it from the world for her entire career...

Ozzy8923

I'd like Brit to do it. I do fear that it might add a level of pressure that Britney hasn't faced maybe since Circus, where there was pressure to reinvigorate her career/commercial success. But even that isn't at the mercy of 100M viewers. However, her career could really really use the boost and exposure & I personally think she has a great catalog of Pop hits that can be fashioned to accommodate a stadium setting and I know the production wouldn't disappoint. The only problem is if Britney is up to it and wants to actually deliver.

Ozzy8923

If it was between the two, at this moment, I am certain Taylor would get it. I'm sure she would do well, she's a constant professional, though I don't think she puts on many big spectacles. Britney, however, is known for putting on big theatrical performances with all the bells and whistles. There is absolutely nothing wrong with what Taylor does on stage, but I think people would perhaps expect her to go very big as a leading Pop It Girl, right? So even if she put on a great performance, people might consider it lackluster if she didn't go big? If Britney put her all in it, I'm sure she would put on a great show, unfortunately the lip syncing might do her in.

I think the lip synching would be the last of her problems, tbh. People overlooked it when Madonna did it so I don't think that'd be a big deal with Brit. 

Archived