Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Peaches talks about Gaga

U-GO-BOY

Featured Posts

boysboysboys

I just looked at Bret's podcast history: tons of Madonna and pseudo-intellectualism, hater confirmed. Glad Peaches played it cool and true, they rock.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

A terrific response, and I love how both Peaches and the interviewer were honestly speculating which direction she will take next. Queen of Versatility.

blacklistedd

Mmm yes they're right in a way she appropriates certain aspects of pop music and underground work but at the same time, so did Madonna. Thats how she became Madonna. Through appropriation of underground work. And I don't think thats even a negative thing, its all just in perception I guess. Some people view it as unjust or something but theres artistic license. I think theres something interesting about artists that aren't like Katy Perry that just cater to the masses and actually like other types of music and other scenes and can use that in a commercial setting to make something top 40 but also more dynamic than fodder while still in a way being fodder. I think gagas accomplished that with all of her records for better and for worse. Even when I think ARTPOP is mediocre by her standards its still a hell of a lot more interesting to me than Ellie Goulding or Ariana Grande.

blacklistedd

I just looked at Bret's podcast history: tons of Madonna and pseudo-intellectualism, hater confirmed. Glad Peaches played it cool and true, they rock.

I don't think hes a hater so much as a cynic. I view him as an 80s man, those were his glory days and they were Madonnas as well. Its almost expected to me that he'd be bias towards her. But he seemed to have positive things to say about Gaga as well. I mean hes a gay man from the 80s, the Madonna cliche is not surprising.

And I also wouldn't consider Bret a pseudo-intellectual.

Archived