💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

ARTPOP is not "Soulless"

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

o<(0_0)>o

I was looking through my "Describe ARTPOP with 3 words" thread and many there described the album as "soulless". But I don't think ARTPOP is soulless at all. Something that is soulless is something that lacks passion and emotion. And Gaga provides a lot of passion and emotion throughout all of the songs on ARTPOP. You can tell through her singing and lyrics that Gaga truly feels what she is singing. And is also evident by the amount of musical diversity, how passionate Gaga was about exploring music. With ARTPOP Gaga shows happyness, anger, sadness, sweetness, and more. Now, she does use a lot of vocal effects in this album, but that was done only to complement the style of music in the songs. Gaga herself said that she wanted a robotic and human style for the album. But this does not detract from the emotion that she puts into the album. It is clear to me that Gaga's soul is all over the album.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lego

There are few pretentious users who used that word. I would like them to give an example of what kind of music or specific songs have SOUL in their opinion.

It would be interesting to see.

FreePalestine

MonsterOfSpain

Whoever calls ARTPOP a souless album just doesn't know anything about her tbh. They're just pressed haters.

Phoenix

There are few pretentious users who used that word. I would like them to give an example of what kind of music or specific songs have SOUL in their opinion.

I bet it is the same usual ones that are here just to put her down with lame hate posts.

💎

lego

Whoever calls ARTPOP a souless album just doesn't know anything about her tbh. They're just pressed haters.

Some of them still stan only for Poker Face and they're here only to tell Gaga to lose some weight. 

FreePalestine

Yeah right songs like Do What U Want, Swine, Dope or Gypsy have absolute no soul :toofunny: 

Design

Exactly.

I was listening to ARTPOP the other day, and actually, the album itself is probably the most mature record Gaga has ever put out (not vocally, but musically and melodically), especially with such songs as Venus, Sexxx Dreams, DWUW, ARTPOP, et cetera. It has very good melodies, the vocals are astonishing and the songs just really take you within them, and once you finish listening to the whole thing, you feel like the time you've spent listening wasn't wasted. You know, it feels the same, like after you've watched a good movie,or finished reading a good book.

ARTPOP is quality music, with lots of emotion and lots of artistic joy put in there.

Apple for me, apple for you.

Tropico

Yeah right songs like Do What U Want, Swine, Dope or Gypsy have absolute no soul :toofunny: 

MTE. :smh: Dope by itself is more soulful than most of her early days of fame work. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

PartySick

ARTPOP is probably her most personal piece of work yet. It hurts me to see people rip it apart because I connected with that album so deeply after SwineFest. Every song has a sadness and a passion to it that I don't see that often. You can really tell she poured her all into that album. 

​Remind me tomorrow, I owe you a like :yes: 

🖤

I rarely like posts but when I do it's yours. That was on point :sis: 

Alii

It is soulless in my opinion. You need to move on and accept the fact that not everyone is going to like ARTPOP.

giphy.gif

Quark

It is soulless in my opinion. You need to move on and accept the fact that not everyone is going to like ARTPOP.

giphy.gif

I am not forcing anyone to like the album, but how is it soulless?

giphy.gif

It is soulless to you. There is a difference. And I would say that you have to move on and accept the fact that ARTPOP has soul in it :crossed: 

AbuHassan1992

It is soulless to you. There is a difference. And I would say that you have to move on and accept the fact that ARTPOP has soul in it :crossed: 

​you can't pass that opinion off as a fact and compare it to an actual fact, which is that everybody ISN'T going to like the albu

Archived