💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Watch the Story of Jobriath, the First Openly Gay Rock Star

Enhsa

Featured Posts

Enhsa

Meet Jobriath, also known as “The American David Bowie,” “Hype of the Year,” and (our personal favorite) “The True Fairy of Rock and Roll.” But if you haven’t heard of any of Jobriath’s many monikers, all the more reason for you to watch Jobriath A.D. 

ftf044.jpg

The music documentary unpacks the exciting, tragic, epic and epically erased story of the first openly gay rock star—Jorbiath. Though Jobriath’s glam rock music was over-hyped by a fierce publicity machine, shunned by the gay community, and dismissed after two short years, it has now been rediscovered over 40 years later, and serves as a necessary map of 20th century queer creativity. 

“Jobriath was a singular voice in rock music who was brave enough to be open about his s-xuality at a time when it was suicide to do so,” director Kieran Turner explained. “He was a wholly original creature who created the most beautiful music you’ve never heard during one of the most mind-boggling decades ever, the 1970s. And the coolest thing about him is that he’s ripe for rediscovery. Get in on the ground floor, kids!”

Jobriath A.D. can now be purchased here. Every DVD comes with an exclusive LP of never before released music from Jobriath’s lost musical, Popstar.

http://www.out.com/popnography/2015/5/26/story-jobriath-first-openly-gay-rock-star

Bad Bromance

I did not know this.  Thanks for posting!

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

Will this be Gaga in 40 years? :ohno:

thought I was born in a league of my own | but I'm sinking

Sister

Wow, I am impressed to see this thread pop up here!

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Archived