Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Remenising Born This Way

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Featured Posts

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Happy Birthday Born This Way!! This thread is to remember and talk about any memories from BTW that we want to share! I remember becoming a Monster during BTW and how I got tickets to the tour (even though it was canceled :sharon:) Musically it is one of my favorite PopGa albums besides ARTPOP. I love how it was so vocally challenging, and how she put everything aside for this album no matter how controversial it was :fthis:

What are some of your favorite BTW memories? Paws up!! :monsterpaw:

PartySick

I remember being a fan since 2009 but this is what made me a Monster

:monsterpaw: 

🖤

HANZ

this era was great tbh

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

VANTABLACK

The first time I ever saw her in Person I was in aww Couldn't believe it I was blessed :monsterpaw:

Sugarfall

I wasn't a fan back then so I have no memories but it's her best album :legend: 

LoveandMagic

Thank god for this album because I was a hater before. Heard Judas, loved it, checked out the album, loved it, and slowly evolved into a Gaga fan. It's still my favorite album.

I wasn't a fan back then so I have no memories but it's her best album :legend: 

I came in pretty late to the era so I wasn't really keeping up with it. Shame I missed out on some really cool stuff.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Guest ARTPOPSlays

Thank god for this album because I was a hater before. Heard Judas, loved it, checked out the album, loved it, and slowly evolved into a Gaga fan. It's still my favorite album.

I came in pretty late to the era so I wasn't really keeping up with it. Shame I missed out on some really cool stuff.

I wasn't here for the whole era either... I became a Monster when Yoü and I was released

TopazBlue

Born This Way is the best! :unicorn::legend::pawsup:

🌈 Born this way, baby! 🌈 | JWT 💙 Aug 21 ⚡ ENIGMA 💙 Oct 19

barcodemonster

I remember coming home from school and listening to the audio of various BTW songs while doing homework. Of course I always had to mute it whenevr someone came home in the fear they would find out I'm gay

4 years later nothing's changed except I dont do homework 

scan my barcode

Bad Bromance

​I agree it is one of her best albums but it's hard for me to say it's the best because I love them all.  I've been a fan since The Fame.

So if you hated her before, you only became a fan of hers because you loved Judas so much and decided to buy the album and then developed a love for her music?

You don't like TF or TFM?  What about ARTPOP, how do you feel about ARTPOP?

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

LoveandMagic

​I agree it is one of her best albums but it's hard for me to say it's the best because I love them all.  I've been a fan since The Fame.

So if you hated her before, you only became a fan of hers because you loved Judas so much and decided to buy the album and then developed a love for her music?

You don't like TF or TFM?  What about ARTPOP, how do you feel about ARTPOP?

​Oh no, I love all her albums! My memory is a little fuzzy but it's like this:

I don't listen to pop much and I only casually listen to the radio so I only heard some of her stuff. I remember when Just Dance came out on the radio, I thought it was okay but really didn't pay it much attention to it. I don't remember if I ever heard Pokerface or Lovegame, but during The Fame I heard OF her but really wasn't paying to much attention. She looked a lot like Kerli so I thought she was kind of a Kerli clone. Sometime near the end of The Fame era or the beginning of The Fame Monster era I became a hater because I got so sick of hearing about her. I wasn't hearing the music so much as about HER. I saw things like the Meat Dress as desperate cries for attention. Most of her fans I met were absolute assholes and berated me for not knowing about her and her music. Their rudeness was also a turn off. I heard she was very controversial and made a lot of speeches in support of gays and I thought maybe she was being insincere and pandering(again I wasn't really paying attention to WHAT she was saying, just what I HEARD). I remember hearing Bad Romance a couple of times and liked the sound but thought the lyrics were dumb (I thought she was really conceited for using her name so much). I heard Telephone too which I liked but as the lyrics are really shallow I couldn't understand why everyone thought she was the second coming of pop music. Like I said, I wasn't really paying any attention to her (or trying not to) but she was everywhere and I thought most of her fans were jerks, and my friends use to make fun of her (they are all into metal, rock, indie, alternative stuff). I saw the weird outfits and all the hype and I thought she was just some fad that was being taken too seriously. I think though even then I would have been into her music if I allowed myself to be, but I was rebelling against her fans and pop culture trying to ram her down my throat (maybe I'm a hipster after all, lol).

Then Born This Way came out. I thought the song was okay, but all the Madonna comparisons were full swing at the time so I just thought she was copying Madonna so I didn't bother. Then one day I was looking up some new music, I wanted dance stuff to work out to. I came across a free music bundle that had remixes of E.T., Did It On Them, Sleazy, and Judas. I was listening to it and really liked Judas (liked all of them honestly but Judas was my favorite). In fact I loved Judas so much I looked up who did it and saw it was Gaga, which kind of surprised me. I checked out the original song, fell so hard in love with it that I thought I would check out the album. My mind was absolutely blown. Call me naive if you want but I couldn't believe the same pop star that put out Just Dance and Telephone would put out an album like Born This Way. Maybe somewhere far down the line, but at the first peak of their career? I thought it was a masterpiece! I saw the videos for all the singles and was just blown away at how talented and creative she was. So I decided to check out all her other stuff. I realized then that the talent has always been there. So I started seeing her in a different light. I would watch an interview or two and read some of the things she had said about equality and I realized she was being genuine. I listened to the Fame and The Fame Monster with new ears and fell in love. To date, I love all her albums (though maybe not all the songs), but I needed to listen to them objectively, which I hadn't been doing before.

I really, really regret my hostility before, because she had so many amazing eras. But I am glad that I found GagaDaily. So many of the members here are so nice and cool. If I had encountered them before, I probably would have "discovered" her a long time ago. But on the plus side, so many people here have taken the time to post past (and present) interviews, tour shows, videos, etc, so I can sort of "relive" the eras I missed. I really love this site. :)

kaojen

Sitting in line all day waiting for the Orlando Monster Ball when Judas was leaking listening to it for the first time with a bunch of fellow stans

Watching the MTN video for the first time

Watching BTW on the GRAMMYS getting slayed

buying my concert ticket and planning my BTW Ball costume one moment and then sobbing while downing a bottle of pinot when I found out I want going to the BTWB. 

That was the BTW ERA for me

Bad Bromance

​Oh no, I love all her albums! My memory is a little fuzzy but it's like this:

I don't listen to pop much and I only casually listen to the radio so I only heard some of her stuff. I remember when Just Dance came out on the radio, I thought it was okay but really didn't pay it much attention to it. I don't remember if I ever heard Pokerface or Lovegame, but during The Fame I heard OF her but really wasn't paying to much attention. She looked a lot like Kerli so I thought she was kind of a Kerli clone. Sometime near the end of The Fame era or the beginning of The Fame Monster era I became a hater because I got so sick of hearing about her. I wasn't hearing the music so much as about HER. I saw things like the Meat Dress as desperate cries for attention. Most of her fans I met were absolute assholes and berated me for not knowing about her and her music. Their rudeness was also a turn off. I heard she was very controversial and made a lot of speeches in support of gays and I thought maybe she was being insincere and pandering(again I wasn't really paying attention to WHAT she was saying, just what I HEARD). I remember hearing Bad Romance a couple of times and liked the sound but thought the lyrics were dumb (I thought she was really conceited for using her name so much). I heard Telephone too which I liked but as the lyrics are really shallow I couldn't understand why everyone thought she was the second coming of pop music. Like I said, I wasn't really paying any attention to her (or trying not to) but she was everywhere and I thought most of her fans were jerks, and my friends use to make fun of her (they are all into metal, rock, indie, alternative stuff). I saw the weird outfits and all the hype and I thought she was just some fad that was being taken too seriously. I think though even then I would have been into her music if I allowed myself to be, but I was rebelling against her fans and pop culture trying to ram her down my throat (maybe I'm a hipster after all, lol).

Then Born This Way came out. I thought the song was okay, but all the Madonna comparisons were full swing at the time so I just thought she was copying Madonna so I didn't bother. Then one day I was looking up some new music, I wanted dance stuff to work out to. I came across a free music bundle that had remixes of E.T., Did It On Them, Sleazy, and Judas. I was listening to it and really liked Judas (liked all of them honestly but Judas was my favorite). In fact I loved Judas so much I looked up who did it and saw it was Gaga, which kind of surprised me. I checked out the original song, fell so hard in love with it that I thought I would check out the album. My mind was absolutely blown. Call me naive if you want but I couldn't believe the same pop star that put out Just Dance and Telephone would put out an album like Born This Way. Maybe somewhere far down the line, but at the first peak of their career? I thought it was a masterpiece! I saw the videos for all the singles and was just blown away at how talented and creative she was. So I decided to check out all her other stuff. I realized then that the talent has always been there. So I started seeing her in a different light. I would watch an interview or two and read some of the things she had said about equality and I realized she was being genuine. I listened to the Fame and The Fame Monster with new ears and fell in love. To date, I love all her albums (though maybe not all the songs), but I needed to listen to them objectively, which I hadn't been doing before.

I really, really regret my hostility before, because she had so many amazing eras. But I am glad that I found GagaDaily. So many of the members here are so nice and cool. If I had encountered them before, I probably would have "discovered" her a long time ago. But on the plus side, so many people here have taken the time to post past (and present) interviews, tour shows, videos, etc, so I can sort of "relive" the eras I missed. I really love this site. :)

​Aww, what a lovely story.  Thank you for vividly recounting your discovery of Gaga's music!  I was immediately drawn to her when I saw her and Lady Starlight in August of 2007 as part of the Lady Gaga and the Starlight Revue performance art piece at Lollapalooza here in Chicago.  I was asking myself, "who is this girl?  She's so unusually cool!"  Then when I bought The Fame in the fall of 2008, I realized it was the same girl with platinum blonde hair as the girl I saw a year before at Lollapalooza because I recognized BDR and Summerboy.

I was blown away when I realized they were the same person and I began stanning for Gaga ever since The Fame.  She is the only artist besides Nirvana that have captivated me like you wouldn't believe.  I love Gaga so much!   :monsterpaw:

I don't care what you think about unless it is about me.

LoveandMagic

​Aww, what a lovely story.  Thank you for vividly recounting your discovery of Gaga's music!  I was immediately drawn to her when I saw her and Lady Starlight in August of 2007 as part of the Lady Gaga and the Starlight Revue performance art piece at Lollapalooza here in Chicago.  I was asking myself, "who is this girl?  She's so unusually cool!"  Then when I bought The Fame in the fall of 2008, I realized it was the same girl with platinum blonde hair as the girl I saw a year before at Lollapalooza because I recognized BDR and Summerboy.

I was blown away when I realized they were the same person and I began stanning for Gaga ever since The Fame.  She is the only artist besides Nirvana that have captivated me like you wouldn't believe.  I love Gaga so much!   :monsterpaw:

:pawsup: Paws Up!

What was she like in the beginning (before the Fame)? What songs did she perform?

Archived