💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Madonna reschedules Rebel Heart Tour

JusKeepBreathin

Featured Posts

they didn't name a source, ticket holders haven't been notified, venues haven't posted updates and the promoter didn't issue a press release

I know it's Billboard but you can't ignore ALL of that

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JusKeepBreathin

they didn't name a source, ticket holders haven't been notified, venues haven't posted updates and the promoter didn't issue a press release

I know it's Billboard but you can't ignore ALL of that

The story was posted today at Midnight on Billboard. Maybe all that stuff will be done today. You are right, it's super weird and lately Billboard has been a Twitter feed instead of a reputable news source.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

iloveit123

I'm glad I didn't get tickets to this... yet.... don't think I will. I didn't exactly love the MDNA tour.

Jjang

​MDNA Tour & Sticky N Sweet did record breakingly well, Rebel Heart will probably pull artRAVE numbers with a much floppier album. The tour isn't doing bad at all. 

​If you want to try to 'drag' someone at least be funny :smh: 

​The Rebel Heart tour will outgross the artRAVE with a lesser amount of dates.

OT: this is why i ****ing appreciate her as an artist, she felt like the entire process was being rushed so she delayed it in order to put out a tour that is up to par with her previous ones.

Didn't she do this last time too? :toofloppy: 

​Yeah, I think the first date (or maybe the first two) dates of the MDNA tour were pushed back by a bit. 

It makes more sense to delay those five dates til January (even at the irrelevant expense of people claiming it's due to 'poor sales') than to push back the entire first leg of the tour by a week or two; which would require every date on that leg to be rescheduled. 

Whispering

Madonna has three months to get it together. She obviously needs better people and needs to understand that moving dates isn't a mild inconvenience for fans. Sometimes, this can't be avoided, but it sounds like Madonna does this because she and/ or her team can't get it together. 

Madonna has three months to get it together. She obviously needs better people and needs to understand that moving dates isn't a mild inconvenience for fans. Sometimes, this can't be avoided, but it sounds like Madonna does this because she and/ or her team can't get it together. 

​Tour rehearsals started this week, they probably became aware of whatever the problem was earlier on in the week so it was a better decision than to leave it to weeks before the tour began.

Her and her team have been very messy for the past four years; doesn't take a genius to realise that but "can't get it together" is an exaggeration considering they clearly succeeded at the MDNA tour - which too also had a minor setback (opening night delayed by two days). 

Whispering

​Tour rehearsals started this week, they probably became aware of whatever the problem was earlier on in the week so it was a better decision than to leave it to weeks before the tour began.

Her and her team have been very messy for the past four years; doesn't take a genius to realise that but "can't get it together" is an exaggeration considering they clearly succeeded at the MDNA tour - which too also had a minor setback (opening night delayed by two days). 

Maybe they should learn from their mistakes and start rehearsals earlier. :shrug:Changing plane tickets are a cost to the fan and asking for vacation time is oftentimes not easy to change. The first of the year is also a bad time to ask off, as everyone is getting back from Christmas vacation. This inconvenience and cost to fans could have and should have been avoided. It's not like Madonna is new to the touring game! Lol

Jjang

Maybe they should learn from their mistakes and start rehearsals earlier. :shrug:Changing plane tickets are a cost to the fan and asking for vacation time is oftentimes not easy to change. The first of the year is also a bad time to ask off, as everyone is getting back from Christmas vacation. This inconvenience and cost to fans could have and should have been avoided. It's not like Madonna is new to the touring game! Lol

​The entire process was rushed due to the album's leak, that of which Madonna had no control over, but unlike other artists, Madonna has a standard when it comes to her tours & she refuses to deliver an unfinished or rather an artistically unsatisfying concert. I'm sure for the long run, both Madonna & her fans would appreciate this decision, as the entire tour's quality is far more important than a minority group that had to rearrange their plans. This decision is beneficial to the majority of her fans, every decision comes with a price though, which i'm sure Madonna is very aware of, but oh well! what can she do! **** happens.

StrawberryBlond

Another typical industry excuse for poor ticket sales. Do they seriously think we buy this swill? These tours are planned months, sometimes even a year in advance so that there's enough time between dates, no clashing with promo appointments, plenty of breaks in between legs, etc. I have never heard of the first few dates of a tour being rescheduled because the show needed more work. Removing these 5 dates means that the tour will start 11 days later than planned. That's a bizarre figure. Surely a delay should operate in week delays? Like, "this will take a week, this will take 2 weeks, this will take 3 weeks, this will take a month.,," etc. I've never heard "this will take 11 days." That's bizarrely specific. It just so happens that the new opening shows are in cities that had much better ticket sales. Coincidence? I think not. Of course Madonna would have hated to open up her tour with a date that underperformed. It'll be all over entertainment pages - "Madonna's opening date only has 50% attendance! The next few shows don't look much better!" It sets a bad precedent and gets people calling the tour a flop when it's just started. And Madonna is too proud for that and so are the record labels.

Out of all the dates that she could have rescheduled, that Atlanta one is definitely one of the most damaging choices. Atlanta is the only city in the entire Southern US that she is touring in. She isn't even going to Texas which is mad as that is a big draw for ticket sales. That means that all her Southern fans have descended on that Atlanta date. By rescheduling it, she has screwed up the plans of hundreds, probably thousands, of people who were travelling across several states to get to this show (probably have already book hotels and taken time off work) and might not be able to go now. To think that you're going to see a tour in 3 months and then to be told that you're going to have to wait 8 months instead...something tells me that her next trips to these regions is going to have a very frosty reception. She really annoyed her fans in Miami with the MDNA Tour when she showed up 2 hours late (ticketmaster is filled with negative reviews from that night) and now she screws them over again with her next tour.

Honestly, there's been so much disappointment going on in the live concert scene recently: Celine Dion cancelling several residency legs due to her husband's ill health, Kylie cancelling 7 European dates (including all 4 German dates) due to poor sales and ticket promoters going bust, Ariana Grande cancelling 2 dates due to clashing commitments, Zayn leaving 1D when the tour had barely started, Britney cancelling 3 of her residency dates due to ankle sprain, Mariah cancelling one of her 18 residency dates just 4 shows in due to bronchitis and now Madonna rescheduling the first 5 dates of her tour to 2016. At this moment in time, I'd be afraid to get tickets to see ANYONE live. They're all dropping like flies.

Psychedelic

I thpught it would be worse, it's only 5 dates and they ar eletting people know with many months in advance so NO BIG DEAL. Plus the shows were rescheduled, not CANCELED! S, those saying it's poor tickets sales better save the second-hand embarassment for lack of quick proccess of thoughts! :neyde: 

Archived