life

Fashion designers imagine wedding dresses for Lady Gaga

asana15

Featured Posts

mrlemon

inb4 she walks down the aisle naked and slays everyone

Gaga, Ke$ha, and Ava

Robinladen

omg these 35 designers really all sketched a look for this website. seems like everybody wants this deal.

djBuffoon

inb4 she walks down the aisle naked and slays everyone

​Ah, I can hear the music now: "eeehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh"

freebit

gaga20-bibhu.jpg

​This one was my favorite. I love wedding dresses that incorporate blue, or some other color (like Gwen's did with pink). 

I also really liked Calvin Klein and both of Chanel's. 

-I'm still trying to figure WTF was going on in Betsey Johnson's sketch, lol. 

-Monique Lhuillier's was pretty, but it looked too much like a J.Lo dress with all those nude mesh cutouts on the bodice and by the bum. Same with Alberta Ferretti's design. 

-Balenciaga drew her most accurately, and I really liked the dress, but I feel like that would make a better reception dress. 

-The second Michael Wilkinson and Tim Martin sketch looks like it came from deviant art. :rofl: I like the idea of it being for a really glamorous bride living in the same universe that The Fifth Element takes place in. 

Sexxx

-Balenciaga drew her most accurately, and I really liked the dress, but I feel like that would make a better reception dress. 

​it seemed a bit short for a wedding dress, especially with a lack of a train. It felt like she's worn it before as well

Lady-Gaga.jpg

Juanjo

OMG, her wedding will be such an event, and the dresses will be spectacular. I really cannot wait! ...Some of those sketches are amaaaazing.

boyerased

The mere fact that these disgners spent time to sketch her a dress that most probably will never be made. I like the Monique L. one. A balance between avant-garde and traditional.

ryjapo

Can she absolutely wear this (for something other than her wedding tho):

gaga32-yigal-azrouel.jpg

In all honesty I hope she picks out a custom McQueen/Versace/Chanel/Balenciaga/Dior dress that takes months to make, has long-ass train, embedded with tears of her enemies and blood of infants or whatever. It would be a shame to waste your star power on a dress that don't have any shine. :saladga:

LoveandMagic

I bet she will look stunning. Imagine: having some of the world's best and most iconic designers competing to design her wedding gown. Personally, I'd love for her to choose and unknown or up and comer with incredible talent and really make an impact! I don't expect anything wild, but being Gaga I do expect something one of a kind and personal, maybe a little bit artsy, but classy.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Haroon

So many of these are breathtaking :giveup: If they aren't made and used as wedding dresses then I at least hope they're still made and used in maybe a different colour :wao: 

Coldplay

Some of those crazyga ones made me uncomfortable, like I don't want her to wear those, they feel too Gaga-as-a-celebrity. The Rebecca Minkoff is amazing tho.

Archived