Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Azealia drags the BET Awards after getting a nomination and Nicki

Spock

Featured Posts

monketsharona

I see the irrelevant Azealia is jealous of Queen Nicki ;)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

This b---h :sharon:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Tropico

Why is this ridiculous to y'all? She makes a good point. The same could be said about a lot of awards these days. They tend to favor the more successful ones and it isn't based on actual merit and excellence. So why bother nominating anyone if you've already picked based on the sales? 

And if they do bother to nominate her, would it kill to spell her name right? It's a simple act of respect to spell someone's name right. 

I swear y'all just love to belittle her opinions. Yet some here are the first to throw "I'VE GOT THE RIGHT TO AN OPINION!1!1!1!!!" in your fave when they're dragging other artists or even Gaga herself. Ugh. 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Andreyw

One second she appreciates Nicki to drag Iggy then suddenly she has something against Nicki :rip: 

Tropico

I see the irrelevant Azealia is jealous of Queen Nicki ;)

Just because she has a negative opinion on someone who's sold more - who isn't necessarily better for that reason btw :smh: - doesnt mean she's better. :smh: :saladga: 

Tropico

One second she appreciates Nicki to drag Iggy then suddenly she has something against Nicki :rip: 

She doesn't have something against Nicki herself. She has something against the BET awards for always picking the same people. 

PoshLife

The BET Awards, like every other awards show, has an obvious incentive to give the awards to the most popular acts so that the awards show itself will be popular. After all, if they gave the award to more-deserving nobodies, who would tune in every year?

Evan Peters

didn't she have beef with nicki before? i thought they were buddies now

emma roberts is an abuser

Redstreak

God I love her humor

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Lion Heart

She's right 

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

LoveandMagic

Why is this ridiculous to y'all? She makes a good point. The same could be said about a lot of awards these days. They tend to favor the more successful ones and it isn't based on actual merit and excellence. So why bother nominating anyone if you've already picked based on the sales? 

And if they do bother to nominate her, would it kill to spell her name right? It's a simple act of respect to spell someone's name right. 

I swear y'all just love to belittle her opinions. Yet some here are the first to throw "I'VE GOT THE RIGHT TO AN OPINION!1!1!1!!!" in your fave when they're dragging other artists or even Gaga herself. Ugh. 

​I agree. While I can see why people would be quick to dismiss what Azealia has to say due to several rather controversial comments she has made in the past, I get her point here. If someone is nominated for an award, especially by a prestigious commitee, while it's obviously an honor to be even nominated it's also a bit insulting to repeatedly misspell the nominee's name. I would imagine her thought process being along the lines of them wanting to give the award to Nicki, but for the sake of presentation they need to at least make it look like there are other contenders (rather than the winner already being picked) so they are going for the first few semi recognizable names (in female rap) as quickly as possible. I'm not saying that's what's happening, but I can see why she would think it. 

I don't know how the BET's work, but I do suspect that quite a few award shows tend to pick someone who is more popular at the moment than purely based on what they've put out (what they are being nominated for). For example I don't think that the Grammy's are like that, (an instance being that even though I think BTW was a Grammy worthy album, I also think that in that the commitee truly thought Adele's album was the better of the list, so they were being fair) but I definitely do think VMA's are like that (I definitely feel there were ****ty videos that have won in the past only because the artist has made more money/views off it and is the bigger name). Azealia may see this happening with other award shows, so when she works hard and keeps losing to the same (bigger named) person, she may think that the cards are stacked against her. I don't think she is intentionally shading Nicki though, just the BET's. She's saying the game is rigged from the start.

I'm just saying how I can see where she might think that, I don't know if it's true or not.

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

INNA

Or maybe it's the fact that the industry isn't going to take someone who is constantly beefing with other artists and making a fool of themselves online seriously, yet alone present them with an award. Nicki makes quality music and has a good attitude all the while, so sorry, but she's got you beat. Madt

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

Archived