đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
musician

Brooke Candy

Staryu

Featured Posts

Staryu

xkymNN6.gif

During 2012 and 2013, Candy independently released her first three videos for her songs; "Das Me", "Everybody Does", and "I Wanna F*ck Right Now" on YouTube. The videos had more than a million views by early 2013. In August 2012, she co-starred in the music video for Grimes' single "Genesis". Candy's first major label recording took place when she appeared on the track "Cloud Aura" on Charli XCX's debut album True Romance. Candy was introduced to Charli by Azealia Banks when Candy hosted Banks' Mermaid Ball in Los Angeles.

She eventually signed with RCA Records in February, 2014. "Opulence", co-written with Sia and produced by Diplo, was her first single for the label. For the song's video, she collaborated with stylist Nicola Formichetti and Steven Klein. The video explores the theme of "freaks," a concept that was conceived conceived by Candy and Formichetti at a drag bar in Tokyo. It features transgender women, drag queens, and gay men who are friends with Candy. “We’re all freaks and outcasts, and this was meant to empower them,” Candy said. Formichetti, Candy and Klein worked on a V Mag shoot that lead to Steven Klein directing "Opulence".

"Opulence" was the title track of her first EP, which was released in May 2014.

Her debut album is currently being produced by label-mate Sia amongst others. Sia, who is an executive producer and a songwriter on the album, discovered Candy on Instagram in 2008 and reached out to her, believing “that I was the only person who could really support [Candy] in becoming who [she is] on a grander stage or platform.”. So far, Sia has written at least one song --“Living Out Loud”—for Candy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooke_Candy#Music_career

x57U9xc.jpg

New single coming very soon and debut album this year.

elijahfan

She's my favorite rapper, and also my latest musical obsession.

willmcclure72

I'm obsessed with her :giveup: 

It's been so long since Opulence and i'm craving MORE :giveup: 

iloveit123

Yes, I am definitely ready for more music myself! Though I still haven't tired of her past tracks, especially the phenomenal "Opulence"... it was also cool to hear "Opulence" on the latest season of 'Love & Hip Hop: Atlanta', lol

Stephen

ugh she has so much potential! I think the collab with Sia will strengthen and streamline her songs (hopefully)

I want her on a track with Gaga.

iloveit123

I'm now obsessed with that 'Study in Duality' clip... it definitely has my interest piqued for what's to come!

Archived