Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga's Biggest Hits in France

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

ViviLittleM

​Well it had an x-factor performance :awkney: It barely outsold Applause in France which didn't have any promo there

​And Le Grand Journal for Festival de Cannes

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OBEY

Is it me or are the sales in France not that high?

i mean it has a population of 66 million people, while there's like 35m in Canada and Gaga has way better sales.

Is it because album/singles sales are always not that high in France (since the country is not bilangual like Canada), or is there just more Gaga fans in Canada? 

i mean it has a population of 66 million people, while there's like 35m in Canada and Gaga has way better sales.

Is it because album/singles sales are always not that high in France (since the country is not bilangual like Canada), or is there just more Gaga fans in Canada? 

​Both I think, people aren't really into Gaga in France and the lack of promo here is big… 

ViviLittleM

Google Traduction :neyde:
I'm too lazy

Touted as the new Madonna there six years, Lady Gaga worth today to unite with his songs. The popstar sells much less than before, that's undeniable. But what is it really his success in France? Detailed figures!

Over 25 million albums sold in just six years! Outstanding figures plus those of its various tubes, "Just Dance" to "Born This Way", through "Poker Face" and "Bad Romance". Also, 70 million singles sold would, physical media and downloads included. Suffice to say that the singer has forever marked the history of pop music. The United States remains the largest market of course Lady Gaga, followed by the United Kingdom, Japan and Canada, where his records continue to sell very well today. But what about France? Is the singer really the queen of sales? Between 2008 and 2010, undoubtedly, yes. But contrary to the idea we have of it, the career of Lady Gaga in the French charts is relatively modest, with some exceptions.

"Poker Face" and "Bad Romance" biggest hits in France

Starting with that of the first effort of the diva, "The Fame" (2008), which failed to take pole position but which is installed on the second step of the podium for not less than five weeks. All in all, counting the numbers for the reissue of the album ("The Fame Monster" - 2009), 650,000 copies were sold (15 million total). Add to that the album shows the presence of 177 weeks in the Top, a career in the charts for over three years. A master stroke! He nevertheless took until the release of the new edition "The Fame Monster" album that is needed in the Top 10 in December 2009.

As in the rest of the world, different extracts from "The Fame" has seduced the French public. And as elsewhere, it's "Poker Face" which remains to this day the biggest tube of Lady Gaga in France. 300,000 sales were recorded (over 12 million in total).

But if "Just Dance" came in second the winners of its most popular titles, with nearly nine million and a half of global sales, in France, "Bad Romance", "Alejandro", "Telephone" (feat. Beyoncé) "Paparazzi" and "Born This Way" are far ahead. Another French exception: the success of "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" passed 150,000 copies worldwide of which 52,000 ... home. The reason? The song was chosen as the third single from the album in several European countries and Australia and New Zealand. But not in the United States! "Eh Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)" did not work very well when it was operated, except here, in Hungary, the Czech Republic and Slovakia, which represent very small markets. Pummeled by radio and television, the title became the fourth single from "The Fame" album in France and offered the top ten.

Sales that decrease faster in France than elsewhere

As we advance in time, sales of Lady Gaga melt like snow in the sun. If the second album "Born This Way" (2011) has sold twice less than its predecessor in the world, it is almost up three times less in France, despite two weeks of domination of the charts. 190,000 French have fallen under his spell (six million in total). And various extracts did not fly! Apart from "Born This Way", ranked number two in top shape. The title "Yoü And I", which has two and a half million fans around the world, is also its biggest failure in France with "GUY", the single from Lady Gaga who met under general fervor !

Sales of Lady Gaga therefore crumble faster in France than in most other major countries. Those of his third album "ARTPOP" confirm this trend with only 60,000 copies were sold.

However, it should be noted that, in general, pop singers captivate much less the public for several years. Madonna knows something since his latest album "Rebel Heart" has not crossed the threshold of 50,000 sales after two months. It is far from 300,000 copies sold of "Hard Candy" (2009)! Britney Spears did even less well with "Britney Jean" (2013), bought 30,000 times. We are not talking major failures of Jennifer Lopez and Mariah Carey. Finally we say that Lady Gaga is not doing so bad given the economic environment. The new disc of jazz she recorded with Tony Bennett, "Cheek to Cheek", has entered the Top 10 in France in September 2014 and has nearly 40,000 fans to date.

Fiona Apple

​Canada really loves her.:wub:

ViviLittleM

​The sales aren't big at all these days here in France (except for some), but promo is very important, ARTPOP = 0 promo...

Pain of fame1

. "Judas" (2011) - 70.000 sales

ha and to those delusional souls that still think that Judas flopped outside of US :legend:

it was smashing EU :fat:

​true

OBEY

​Canada really loves her.:wub:

​The Fame being 7x platinum (sales from 2010)
BTW being 4x platinum (sales from 2013)
ARTPOP being 1x platinum 
:legend: 

The Fame must be 8x platinum in Canada as of 2015 tbh

​The sales aren't big at all these days here in France (except for some), but promo is very important, ARTPOP = 0 promo...

​i remember you b*tching about the promo in France :lmao: 
it's true that a little performance can do wonders.
Promo in the US often equals promo in Canada. Also we had the festival d'été de québec for ARTPOP with an attendance of like 100k people so that was great promo for all gaga's albums, ARTPOP too!

ViviLittleM

​i remember you b*tching about the promo in France :lmao: 

​:'( Troy :'( i hate you

because of Troy split and Gaga's depression, promo deleted lmao :(

Serendipity

The slayage in France is great

Last time she did promo there was an X factor performance

See talent here-->http://bit.ly/2eqeUxK

Fiona Apple

​The Fame being 7x platinum (sales from 2010)BTW being 4x platinum (sales from 2013)
ARTPOP being 1x platinum 
:legend: 

​Tbh I believe that ARTPOP is A LOT more than x1 platinum in Canada..Because it went x1 platinum in the first week. It definitely has enough sales to be x2 platinum or even more..But Interscope won't pay for the certification (as usual)

Gypsy Life

Des ventes qui diminuent plus vite en France qu'ailleurs

A mesure que l'on avance dans le temps, les ventes de Lady Gaga fondent comme neige au soleil. Si le deuxième album "Born This Way" (2011) s'est vendu deux fois moins que son prédécesseur dans le monde, il s'est presque écoulé trois fois moins en France, malgré deux semaines de domination des charts. 190.000 Français sont tombés sous son charme (six millions au total). Et les différents extraits n'ont pas fait mouche ! Hormis "Born This Way", classé numéro deux au meilleur de sa forme. Le titre "Yoü And I", qui compte deux millions et demi de fans à travers le monde, est d'ailleurs son plus gros échec en France avec "G.U.Y.", le single de Lady Gaga ayant rencontré le moins de ferveur de manière générale !

Les ventes de Lady Gaga s'effritent donc plus rapidement en France que dans la plupart des autres principaux pays. Celles de son troisième album "ARTPOP" confirment cette tendance puisque seulement 60.000 copies ont trouvé preneur.

They dragged her :messga:

ViviLittleM

The slayage in France is great

Last time she did promo there was an X factor performance

​Not for PureCharts apparently :neyde:

ViviLittleM

Des ventes qui diminuent plus vite en France qu'ailleurs

A mesure que l'on avance dans le temps, les ventes de Lady Gaga fondent comme neige au soleil. Si le deuxième album "Born This Way" (2011) s'est vendu deux fois moins que son prédécesseur dans le monde, il s'est presque écoulé trois fois moins en France, malgré deux semaines de domination des charts. 190.000 Français sont tombés sous son charme (six millions au total). Et les différents extraits n'ont pas fait mouche ! Hormis "Born This Way", classé numéro deux au meilleur de sa forme. Le titre "Yoü And I", qui compte deux millions et demi de fans à travers le monde, est d'ailleurs son plus gros échec en France avec "G.U.Y.", le single de Lady Gaga ayant rencontré le moins de ferveur de manière générale !

Les ventes de Lady Gaga s'effritent donc plus rapidement en France que dans la plupart des autres principaux pays. Celles de son troisième album "ARTPOP" confirment cette tendance puisque seulement 60.000 copies ont trouvé preneur.

They dragged her :messga:

​Yeah...

Archived