Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Artists w/ Most Top 10 Singles on Pop Radio

Arturo

Featured Posts

Arturo

ARTPOP success rate being actually higher on this chart than Born This Way :legend: 

(66.67 % of ARTPOP singles going top ten on radio vs 60% from BTW)

Yeah but it's nice that BTW had a #1 single on pop radio with the title track.

Although I can't blame our little engine that could, Applause. It was up against some monsters during its chart run...Roar, Royals, Wake Me Up... 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

Beyonce really hasn't had a top 10 since Telephone?! :awkney:

Nope. Nothing from 4 or Beyonce went Top 10 on pop radio.

Close calls: 

Drunk in Love (#13), Best Thing I Never Had (#15), and XO (#18)

TimisaMonster

Nah Nicki has like 4 top 10's on pop radio as a main artist. Her features can't bring her even onto that list since most of her features just get tons of urban/rhythmic airplay

i never looked up Pitbull. I know he has less than 14 bc he wasn't on the official list but let me see if he has 10+ so I can add him 

edit: sure enough, Pitbull has a total of 10.

​Oh Nicki and her urban appeal ruining her pop streak :derpga:

But omg at Pitbull actually making the list through features :lmao:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

monsterdreams

I knew Rihanna would be on top 

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

Disregard

2. Justin Timberlake (17) [

Not a Bad Thing #1]

So basically this chart means nothing. Nobody even knows this song.

Arturo

the chart has its flaws. Style went #1 on it for example.

NE Thing

ARTPOP success rate being actually higher on this chart than Born This Way :legend: 

(66.67 % of ARTPOP singles going top ten on radio vs 60% from BTW)

But, 

ARTPOP had 3 singles, 2 going into the top 10

Born This Way had 5 dingoes, 3 going into the top 10. 

Singlewise, Born This Way did better.

Percentages do not matter when the percentage you are finding is not same on both calculations tbh.

Mentally Disturbed Llama.

Mister Gaga

BeMess

Do What You Want slaying at #7, mega controversial single that charted higher than Unconditionally without music video :queenga:

Arturo

Expanded Lists:

Lady Gaga

Just Dance #1
Poker Face #1
LoveGame #1
Paparazzi #1
Bad Romance #1
Telephone #1
Alejandro #4
Born This Way #1

Judas #15
The Edge of Glory #3
You & I #7

Marry the Night #14
Applause #4
Do What U Want #7

G.U.Y #29

Katy Perry

I Kissed a Girl #2
Hot n Cold #1

Thinking of You #17
Waking Up in Vegas #1
California Gurls #1
Teenage Dream #1
Firework #1
E.T #1
Last Friday Night #1
The One That Got Away #1
Part of Me #3
Wide Awake #1
Roar #1
Unconditionally #8
Dark Horse #1
Birthday #8

This is How We Do #15

Rihanna :rip: help

Pon de Replay #2
If It's Lovin That You Want #9
SOS #1
Unfaithful #2

We Ride #34
Break It Off #6
Umbrella #2

Shut Up and Drive #11
Hate That I Love You #3
Don't Stop the Music #2
Take a Bow #1
Disturbia #1

Rehab #17
If I Ever See Your Face Again #30
Just Stand Up! #30
Live Your Life #1
Run This Town #8

Russian Roulette #21
Hard #9
Rude Boy #1
Love The Way You Lie #1
Only Girl (In the World) #1
What's My Name #4

Who's That Chick #33
All of the Lights #38
S&M #1
Fly #16
California King Bed #18
Cheers (Drink to That) #11
Take Care #8
We Found Love #1

You da One #19
Talk That Talk #24
Where Have You Been #3
Diamonds #2
Stay #1

Right Now #15
What Now #21
The Monster #1
Can't Remember To Forget You #21
FourFiveSeconds #6
American Oxygen #38

Weird...I counted 25 for Rihanna not 24....I guess the list I used didn't count FFS  :toofunny:

​This chart simply reflects who are the radio favourites. So, it does mean something since it basically shows which songs were played the most on the leading Mainstream Top 40 radio stations within a tracking week. It's not based on sales and therefore could be argued not 100% based on the music consumers' preference alone, hence a mediocre sales hit like this could top this type of chart as long as the artists have built a great reputation with the program directors of these radio stations.

And I disagree that "nobody even knows this song". It's known by at least those who regularly listen to pop radio, known enough for it to help its parent album cross 1 million in Nielsen Music-reported pure album sales.

InsideOutright

Madonna not having a Top 10 since 4 Minutes... :wtf:

I'm surprised Gaga is even on this list. Radio is so biased against her compared to half the people on this list both above and below her and they only like to play her old music these days. I'm pretty sure Z100 in New York doesn't play her music at all anymore but they still play tons of other artists' songs from the early ARTPOP era.

Also surprised Birthday was actually a #8. I only heard it on the radio like 3 or 4 times while I heard TIHWD and Unconditional about 10-15 times each and Roar/Dark Horse too many times to count (including two plays of DH on separate stations today :crossed:)...

Arturo

Madonna not having a Top 10 since 4 Minutes... :wtf:

I'm surprised Gaga is even on this list. Radio is so biased against her compared to half the people on this list both above and below her and they only like to play her old music these days. I'm pretty sure Z100 in New York doesn't play her music at all anymore but they still play tons of other artists' songs from the early ARTPOP era.

Also surprised Birthday was actually a #8. I only heard it on the radio like 3 or 4 times while I heard TIHWD and Unconditional about 10-15 times each and Roar/Dark Horse too many times to count (including two plays of DH on separate stations today :crossed:)...

​Roar and DH were not only both #1 on Pop Radio for several weeks, they both topped the Radio Songs chart which counts EVERY radio format not just pop.
Gaga has only topped Radio Songs once, with Paparazzi. 
Katy has topped it 6 times with Cali Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework, LFN, Roar, and DH.

So yes, radio is much more biased towards Katy but that doesn't mean Pop radio and radio overall doesn't at least give Gaga a chance.

​Roar and DH were not only both #1 on Pop Radio for several weeks, they both topped the Radio Songs chart which counts EVERY radio format not just pop.Gaga has only topped Radio Songs once, with Paparazzi. 
Katy has topped it 6 times with Cali Gurls, Teenage Dream, Firework, LFN, Roar, and DH.

So yes, radio is much more biased towards Katy but that doesn't mean Pop radio and radio overall doesn't at least give Gaga a chance.

​Born This Way topped Radio Songs too by its 6th week at #1 on the Hot 100, which remains as the 2nd fastest climb to the top since 2001 (a tie with Pharrell's "Happy" and Eminem's "The Monster" w/ Rihanna). And it also just spent a week at #1 there like Paparazzi. Though, given that it got the biggest debut since 1993, I did expect more for BTW on radio at that time. But yeah, I agree. Radio does give Gaga a chance and they did love her from 2009 - early 2011. 7 #1s on Pop, 19 weeks at #1 are not that bad.

Katy also hit #1 with E.T. on Radio Songs, making Teenage Dream the first and only studio album to have its first five singles all hit #1 on the Hot 100, Radio Songs, Digital Songs, and Pop Songs charts. She has the 3rd most #1s in Nielsen history (1990-present) and the 4th most #1s of all-time (1984-present). Two more #1s on Radio Songs and she'd tie Madonna's all-time radio leaders. :giveup: 

Archived