💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Reason why DWUW wasn't released

McQ

Featured Posts

As you know, Gaga puts her soul when it comes to her videos.
She's always in control regarding the whole production, she always puts deep hidden symbols, signs or thoughts here and there.
Metaphors are all over the place... you get me.

However, judging by the little leaked snippet of DWUW, I don't get any vibe of metaphors, or those scenes which just leave you hanging and make you think a little bit.
Or any other parts of the video in general which each one of us defines in his own way.

So here comes my question, was the reason behind DWUW never being released really the whole scandal between both R.Kelly and Terry Richardson, or was it just because Interscoped pushed Gaga to make some hit-slayage, having in mind Katy already snatched weaves with Roar and had Dark Horse coming, ARTPOP was already being called a flop, and lets face it - DWUW is a gem. However, Gaga might have felt not okay with the video. And we all know the snippet - provocative, shocking, basically Miley's Wrecking Ball extravaganza. Was THIS the reason? Gaga not wanting to be mainstream, fake and perhaps felt as she's not being herself.

>>>>>>>>>For further post farmers, wannabe funny trolls and so on: I've never really had hopes for the DWUW video so there's no point in me getting over something I've never been attached to. Please, try your luck somewhere else.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I am over it. Just random thought, you didn't even read the whole text.

Vernier

I'm sure the R.Kelly/Terry thing played a part too. Getting s-xed up with an alleged rapist in a video at a time when everyone was coming for you would have made people go :wtf: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Cody Draco

DWUW would've probably been the biggest hit of her career. :lolly:

Controversy sells. She could've released the video and then had her blackout.

The media would've been like "where is Lady Gaga?"

mister max

her manager pushed her to do the video in 1 day (?!) instead of the other videos wich where being made /thought over a long timeng timeo

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Neptune

Gaga and Interscope were not speaking the same language, back then. I mean, who leaks a song before the first single? To me, they made her tone down the vocals, but she thought that they were so good that she needed some kind of revenge. And then the whole first single mess. She wanted something, and they wanted something else. So she ended up doing what they wanted, once again. And then the second single mess. She wanted Venus (I mean, she promoted Venus during the DWUW Era), but they wanted DWUW. And tbh, I think she was so pissed that she wasn't getting the control she wanted that she ended up making a trashy video as a revenge. She ended up not releasing it for whatever reason, ruining the whole single Era. Probably because Interscope didn't let her do it, or because she realized that it went too far and she would only damage even more her public image.

Andreyw

The reason for DWUW video being unreleased is because she parted ways with her old management who (I think) had the rights for the video + it wasn't really "artistic" and would've kinda hurt her career if she released that thing

Versace

Yea I think due to the R.Kelly Scandal but the video could have been her most controversial have it been released and I wouldn't be surprised if it had become her second most viewed video after bad romance again have it been released.

the video was disgusting, way too controversial, really low for her standards, it's crap compared to the rest of her videos, plus a Pedo known as R Kelly was with her in the video

all of that= crap

that was the last thing her career needed at the time

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Ronk

The sad irony is that Gaga is one person who doesn't get to do what she wants.  Not just with this, but with other videos and singles as well.

I live outside the space time continuum.

The video is on the level of Miley Cyrus VMA performance, for me it has nothing to do with Lady Gaga.

I personally think she was sad, confused and was surrounded by the wrong people. Terry used Gaga and she trusted him and she also saw the hype & great video for Wrecking Ball, Mileys video is artistical, but for Gaga he made pure cheap and stupid trash - i really think he wanted to use her in his mind and so in reality.

Thank god this video never saw the light. It would be so sad for Gagas career.

I'm so happy Tony came at the right time in Gagas life, he healed her and saved her from the demons .

Schwerk

Her heart simply wasn't in it. There were multiple reasons, her feeling rushed and misunderstood by her management, feeling 'lost'. She had to quickly create something and she didn't like how it turned out. The only thing I don't get is why she never released a 'simple' video, just her singing the song in the plaid shirt for example. Something pure, like she did when the Edge of Glory was changed. Not having a video really hurt the potential of DWUW for me.

But I would never want her to compromise her artistic vision, so I think it's a brave move, how unfortunate it was.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived