💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Have to vent: the reason why I didn't go to the Born This Way Ball

Spyro

Featured Posts

Spyro

OK, so it's 4am and I'm having another one of those bad memories pop up for no reason.  Before I start, yes I know I was ungrateful, a little sh**, and probably hurt her feelings.  I know.  It was a mistake and if I could back now I would tell myself to just be honest with her.  So please don't attack me.  I know it was wrong and would probably have to deal how I made her feel for years too come.

Ok, now that's out of the way... I live in New Orleans and the closest show of the BTWB was in Houston, TX which is a ~6 hour drive from here.  I wanted to go to the BTWB and was very excited because the album slayed me back then.  I was telling my mom if I could get a ticket for myself because I didn't think anyone I knew wanted to travel seven hours to and back for a Gaga concert.  Not to say I didn't had Gaga fan-friends, I just didn't think they were that dedicated.  So I wanted to go by myself.  I told my mom if she would buy me a ticket and she agreed.  The tickets went on sale during school and this was when she would sell out in minutes, so I had to take her credit card to school and go on ticketmaster and punch in the numbers and everything.  So, I tried as best as I could but the school's internet was incredibly sh*tty and I wasn't able to buy a ticket fast enough even though I started exactly when they went on sale.  So, a little let down, I went home after that school day ended, and I came to a surprise that my mom bought two tickets for the show!  Apparently she was lucky to get them.  She was willing to drive and let me bring a friend to the concert.  But like I said earlier, I couldn't find any.  So as the concert came closer, my mom said that she wanted to go with me to the concert.  I was a bit back walked by this because, the last thing on this earth that I wanted to do at the time was to go to a Lady Gaga concert with my mom.  Because at the time it was all LGBT themed and sh*t and I wasn't out then, and really, I wanted to go alone.  But, I couldn't tell her that because I was afraid of hurting her feelings thinking I didn't want to spend time with her, and honestly, how would you express that?  So I was in a damned if I do or damned if I don't situation.  There was.. just no way I would go see her and just think of all the awkward moments it would create with between me and her.  I mean she shows her ass, talks about gay themes, curses a lot... not saying I hate when she does it, I LOVE it when she does, but with your parents?  Yeah, I don't think I would have enjoyed myself.  One week before the concert I just said I wasn't interested in her and just didn't want to go.  I tried selling the tickets on stub hub for about what she paid for them, but they didn't get sold.  So yeah... that's how I missed up on one of Gaga's best concerts.  I went to the Fame Ball, the Monster Ball, and artRAVE.  Just didn't go to the Born This Way Ball. =/

Spyro the Dragon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterForLife

That's quite sad.. But I understand that you didn't want to go with your mum :toofunny:

Phoenix

Awww, that's sad. :( But I understand you. I know how it is, when it comes to your parrents and Gaga/LGBT. I didn't go to any concerts of her, 'cause she never comes near me and once she did I was kinda too young to go alone and like you, I had no one who at least liked her to go with me. So be grateful that you at least went to the other 3 and look forward to future ones. I hope that one day I will get the chance to see her live, at least for once in my life. :|

💎

Haroon

Reading this broke my heart :noparty: It's understandable though because you weren't out and I'm sure some parents wouldn't be a fan with Gaga's s-xual nature and speeches, I wouldn't have dared to go to The Monster Ball with my mother, she'd think I'd lost my mind if she knew what happened there at the time - she's slowly come around to the way Gaga is though :sweat: 

To be fair, if you had gone with your mother then you could've possibly been so uncomfortable to the point where you wouldn't be able to enjoy it properly :huh: Then again, there's the possibility that it wouldn't have mattered at the end of the day and that you'd had a good time - nobody knows really :shrug: I think it's best to just learn from it and not let the situation repeat itself in the future, as you know how it feels now and wouldn't want to feel that way again :omg: Sometimes things don't work out the way we want them to but they can have positive knock-on effects, those we can be thankful for :hug: 

Spyro

Awww, that's sad. :( But I understand you. I know how it is, when it comes to your parrents and Gaga/LGBT. I didn't go to any concerts of her, 'cause she never comes near me and once she did I was kinda too young to go alone and like you, I had no one who at least liked her to go with me. So be grateful that you at least went to the other 3 and look forward to future ones. I hope that one day I will get the chance to see her live, at least for once in my life. :|

​I know.  I think I might've hurt her.  But I'm going to see her later today at Jazz Fest and she bought me tickets (which kind of sparked this memory out of nowhere) and I'm gonna go this time. :toofunny:  I think I was being a bit childish back then, I wish I could handle it differently now. 

Spyro the Dragon

Bellatrix

I would've loved if my mom shared the same interest for the artists that I love, but I don't know, maybe that's just me :shrug:

Phoenix

I would've loved if my mom shared the same interest for the artists that I love, but I don't know, maybe that's just me :shrug:

My mom loves her too but  I wouldn't be comfortable there with Gaga saying "get your pussies of the floor" tbh.

💎

Phoenix

​I know.  I think I might've hurt her.  But I'm going to see her later today at Jazz Fest and she bought me tickets (which kind of sparked this memory out of nowhere) and I'm gonna go this time. :toofunny:  I think I was being a bit childish back then, I wish I could handle it differently now. 

But you can't go back in time so like I said enjoy what's coming right now. I totally understand your "move" from back in the day.

💎

HausAlly

i get it like it really does depend on the relationship with your parents, wether or not you would take them to that, like my dad took me to see my first show which was a My chemical romance show, so lots of swearing, crouch grabbing, and offensive stuff, i was 14 and like so scared that he would hate it (he's a christian) or like tell me i couldn't listen to them after,but he loved it and was singing along (he knew the songs cause i always played em), after that i kinda realised that stuff like weather it was awkward or embarrassing didn't matter because my dad was willing to go with me i got to spend a fun night with him :yes: (also got to see my idols and fangirl), now literally when go see gaga with friends i tell my parents everything in detail ha they loves it :fan:

Spyro

​You nailed it on the first half. :noparty: But, I honestly don't think I would've been comfortable with her there.  It's just, too me, really awkward being there with Gaga's lyric theme, the way she dresses, and lord knows what the little monsters dressed themselves.  I mean, if I could, I would just go back and tell her and be honest.  But I mean as far as I know she only likes a handful of her singles, so I doubt she would get much. >_>

Spyro the Dragon

RAMROD

Well, imho that was an over reaction a little cos who knows how your mother will react?

She might surprise you as well if she actually had fun with it then.

Otherwise, you could always be honest with her and prepped her of whats to come in the show.

There are always a way than not going unless something very urgent happen.

So unfortunate, and you gotta live with it forever now. Be strong. :hug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

HausAlly

My mom loves her too but  I wouldn't be comfortable there with Gaga saying "get your pussies of the floor" tbh.

​my mum would be like YASS BITCH i have taught her well:fan:

I went with my mum and she loved it. Although we had awful seats, it was still great. Didn't come close to the artRAVE though, but probably because I was front row for artRAVE I preferred that.

Spyro

Well, imho that was an over reaction a little cos who knows how your mother will react?

She might surprise you as well if she actually had fun with it then.

Otherwise, you could always be honest with her and prepped her of whats to come in the show.

There are always a way than not going unless something very urgent happen.

So unfortunate, and you gotta live with it forever now. Be strong. :hug:

​Do you expect much from a 16 year old back in the day if you weren't out and you had to go to a gay-themed concert with your parent? :laughga: 

But yeah, I see what you're saying.  Maybe I'll bring it up if the moment comes up.  I guessed I should've given it a shot and just went.

Spyro the Dragon

Archived