💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Vanessa Carlton - "Young Heart" (Beautiful, atmospheric)

PoshLife

Featured Posts

PoshLife

Vanessa Carlton - the singer-pianist best known for "A Thousand Miles" and "White Houses" - just premiered a new song, "Young Heart," on Esquire's website. While not a single, the song is meant to serve as a preview for her upcoming album, "Liberman." Click through to listen to the song, or listen below quickly before it gets deleted:

Vanessa Carlton is undergoing a creative rebirth. For her last album, 2011's Rabbits on the Run, she had left the major-label system and started working with British producer Steve Osborne to devise a sound that's a long way from her days banging her piano while making her way downtown. She's doing more with less, and her lyrics have progressed from urgent observations about growing up to more contemplative reflections about growing older.

Of the thematic inspiration for "Young Heart," Carlton says: "Almost everyone I know wishes they had, in some relationship or another in your past, you wish that you had kind of done it differently. Or connected differently or were able to express differently. You have to learn along the way, not everything survives. It's just not meant to. And then what does unfold and what does come together, it kind of comes together usually at the time that you've been able to develop it."

Edit: You can now purchase "Young Heart" on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/young-heart/id986196320?i=986196321

The Fame

I LOVE Vanessa Carlton. Truly, truly an underrated artist. I've got all her albums, and am very excited to hear she's got new material coming. :)

Edit: As far as this song goes though, I'm kinda glad it won't be on the album because I don't feel like it's as strong as her older stuff, and it's a bit too repetitive.

jackoajl

Omg! What a beautiful song, she's an amazing singer and pianist, i'm proud to be a Nessaholic right now, this song is so beautiful.

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

PoshLife

So happy to see other Vanessa fans on this site! I'm so excited to get the album later this year.

jackoajl

So happy to see other Vanessa fans on this site! I'm so excited to get the album later this year.

Thanks to her I learn to play piano, she's an amazing pianist and singer, everytime there's a live recording of her new material i can't control myself to listen to it. Looks like this album will have more "Rabbits on the Run" vibe, or more specific "hear the bells" vibe.

My new single #Tregua available on your favorite streaming service

Archived