đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

To those who've seen it: Thoughts on "Home"? (+ my opinon)

Zsolti

Featured Posts

Zsolti

So, today I went to the cinema with three friends to watch something 'cause we are bored in spring break and decided to step out. We had absolutely no idea what was playing so yesterday checked what they were screening and all of the movies seemed uninteresting and not worthy except a certain one called "Home". It seemed like it had a good concept, cute looking characters,and hey,it's an animation movie, so we decided to go with it. Well worst decision ever.

This film was so crap, generic,unoriginal and boring (and finding an animation film boring is rare for me) and it honestly felt like a 90 minute Rihanna commercial. :messga: I mean the only good thing in this movie was the cat and the baby gorgs. They were adorable :laughga:

Girl meets alien, rejects him first, but then boom best friends? Hmm... that sounds familiar...

The whole daughter-separated-from-mother-but-reunited-at-end thing despite being unoriginal and a cheap shot at drama and making the kids cry had no good emotional build up, I mean the daughter just looked at a picture of her mom, cried once, and turned into an angry b---h in front of the poor...Oh? No, that's not an expression, that's the purple merchandise's... I mean alien's name. Oh. What's up with these crappy, half-assed names? 

The real question is; were the writers high?

The plot was generic, rushed, bland, and just really clichéd. 
The soundtrack was okay, but I found the dubstep in this animation movie to be really out of place... what's up with that... and too much Rihanna no thanks. And I like her.

This movie is bad, forgettable and just really an embarrassment coming from Dreamworks. 

This movie had it's good moments, but they were just moments.

Has anyone else watched this movie? What are your thoughts? Sorry if my opinion offends you, sometimes I can go too far :kisses:

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

I haven't seen it but every time I go to the movies and I see the ads I think that it looks cute, but that I would watch it just if nothing else was available :laughga:  

Zsolti

I didn't hear about it. :gaycat: 

​lucky

Please correct me if I make any grammar mistakes, I want to master English as much as possible.

Iwontell

It looks cute, tbh. Dreamworks really need this movie to do well, so I hope it does...but I'm 25 already, it's not for me...

ATTENTION: (bad) jokes and sarcasm are still a thing, so don't take everything I say literally. Thank you.

Zsolti

It looks cute, tbh. Dreamworks really need this movie to do well, so I hope it does...but I'm 25 already, it's not for me...

​The thing is, animation movies like this should provide an escape from reality to all ages and it ends up being a 90 minute bore show.

I agree with a lot of what you said. The visuals and animation were amazing but the storyline lacked substance and originality. The whole Boov thing got on my nerves as well

fragment-fragment--bul-uh...scab-uh..fragment-foot, bullet fragment foot bich!

chris777

I saw it last weekend. It was cute, kinda silly but nice.

Kids in the cinema seem to loved it. 

heavymlover

I think this is in the top 5 of the most forgettable films Dreamworks has ever done. Whoever greenlits all the projects Dreamworks has been releasing over recent years (with the notable exception of Dragons) probably wants to ruin the company.

Rihanna was actually good, but her voice didn't really fit a 15 year old girl. Parson was... Yeah, he was just playing Sheldon all over again.

Archived