Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Jay Z: "Music became free, but people will pay 6$ for water"

700guns

Featured Posts

Whispering

This does show how out of touch he is with the average person. The majority of people in the US simply drink tap water. If they are worried about their water at home, they buy a fairly inexpensive water filter. There is a tiny, tiny amount of people who would actually pay anything like that for every drink of water they take.

It really was a silly point to make, in this situation. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fame Romance

Yes... Because listen to music is way more important than drinking water... Very smart Mr. Carter.

Jester

What is he talking about? Beyonce is getting millions for her albums, divide that by the number of songs she's put out and than you'll get the price people have paid for it. It's WAY more than its real worth.

The a--logy with bottled water is so stupid omg

gagzus

It's not that water is a necessity, it's that people are willing to waste money on many things, but music? Nuh uh!

​yeah but he's acting as if there's more piracy than actual purchases nowadays, if that was the case; iTunes, HMV & many record stores would be shut down by now completely 

nikola

tragic.......and for everyone that is saying pirating music is bad......well i agreebut its kinda only way for me to listen to singles since we dont have any streaming devices(well we have deezer but i dont like that) and we dont have itunes out here.........so i have to download music ilegaly because its only way to have it on my phone.....(i think).and also my parents think paying for music is waste of money so they dont let me by albums that often......and also sometimes its really hard to find albuma from some artists out here

I've got an "F" and a "C" and I got a "K" too And the only thing that is missing is a bitch like "U"

Paper Gangsta

Well, my bottled water cost $40 per pack of 24, it's Perrier, 16oz, that means about $1.6 per bottle :fan:

Anyway, he was trying to make a point so he exeggerates.

You guys don't have to take it so literally. :smh:

He just offering a choice, of tjat doesn't suit your need, there will be people that will.

Easy on the rage tbh :fan:

But there is no point. People need water to survive. People buy it if they don't have access to clean tap water.

AbuHassan1992

All of you conpletely missed the point. You're all hung up on the water bottle comparison. are u THAT stupid?

NewYorkCity

Oh Gosh. When you think they can't mess everything MORE they do.

Every sentence that comes to justify this is worse that the previous one. :applause: 

People arguing about the $6 for water, do you know what Pellegrino, Perrier or VOSS is?

Voss is literally 7 euros in the cafes I go, whereas pellegrino is like 3 or 4 :lmao: Get educated

MonsterMum

People arguing about the $6 for water, do you know what Pellegrino, Perrier or VOSS is?

Voss is literally 7 euros in the cafes I go, whereas pellegrino is like 3 or 4 lmao.gif.cceae976b88e2f28f377044f5475722 Get educated

​Jees are you that thick? There is a difference in knowing it and being able to afford it. 

Do you see whole families getting their water supply from a café?

The only time I had to pay $6+ is when I was at the Staples center or another venue to see an artist. And at the Staples center they said they don't allow you to bring bottled water, and when you buy it there they put it in a cup. They said they do that now after Justin Bieber was hit by a bottle. :mess:

Supersonic

​No. A bottle of water is not 6$. However, Jay Z doesn't live in the real world so maybe the water he drinks does cost 6$ a bottle. 

​Ever heard of FIJI water, Evian or Nestlé? People in the real world go crazy about it.

darkchylde

​Ever heard of FIJI water, Evian or Nestlé? People in the real world go crazy about it.

​Oh, I have. Are they 6$ a bottle? I think the only one I've seen here in Spain supermarkets is Vici and it costs around 2$ a 1L bottle. I feel like Lorde.

Archived