Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

When will Gaga write an entire album herself (eg. Jagged Little Pill, Speak Now, FROOT etc.)

healme

Featured Posts

Several mainstream artists have written entire albums all by themselves (ie nobody else has a writing credit on any song). Alanis Morrisette's Jagged Little Pill was nominated for nine Grammys and has sold 25 million copies worldwide. Speak Now and FROOT are Taylor and Marina's highest-ranking albums on Metacritic. Others artists like Bruce Springsteen and Prince have done similar things.

Here are the songs registered on BMI as solely written by her:

Album Tracks: Again Again, SpeechlessYoü and I
Unreleased Tracks: Captivated, HollywoodFuture Love, Princess Die

Is Gaga capable of writing a whole album by herself? How would it sound? If she were to do this, when in her career?

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's capable. :yes: 

Will the album be a success? Hmmm, yes but that's not saying much.

Thanks for the praise for one of Taylor's best albums :party: 

squeala

she's capable sure, but she always writes songs with the haus and her friends around :shrug: that's her life

i mean if she felt like it she could write an album by herself, produce it herself, she could do everything. but why would she want to?

Tropico

She has the potential to that's for sure. :yes: And if she wrote Speechless all by herself, I really want her to do more solo writing projects. :Jase: 

But I think she prefers to bounce ideas around with fellow writers. Maybe You and I and Speechless are exceptions because the topics were so personal. So if she ever did write an entire album by herself, it would be very personal which is great! 

The wait would be long tho. Gaga takes writing very slowly from the looks of it. 

The more I think about it, the more I want it. :giveup: One Day... 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Imagine she was actually using ghostwriters throughtout the years and she made her fans believe she was writing her own material. :teehee:

We just have to wait for it  :smoke:

Credits to the guy on my avi. Love his shirt!!!

monketsharona

Again Again is co-written by Fusary though...

I think only Speechless and You and I has been written by only Gaga on her albums. But she definitely write 90% of her songs.

Bloody

She's responsible for 90% of her songs as she has said in the past so,

she's definetely capable of it. :swanga:

There's no doubt. :ohwell: 

Yanko

she writes 80% of her lyrics already she just credits everyone as a writer even tho they are not professional lyricists (didnt 1 producer say that she credited him because he added 1 word to paparazzi?)

darkchylde

I think she enjoys more writing as a team, but it'd be really nice to see something like Speak Now or FROOT on Gaga's discography. When someone writes an album by themselves, it has a special vibe. However, I don't expect anyone to be able to do something as good as Speak Now ever again, to be quite honest.

Gaga writes her own songs, read what Garibay said about that. When you watch closely, you will understand fast who writes own songs.

RedOne, Garibay, White Shadow are primarily producers and not song writers. They are in the writing credits because they make the adjustments at faster POP / EDM numbers, so that the timing and arrangment  fits.

Gaga has no song writing team around her, just PRODUCERS: 

------------------

Interview with Garibay:

THR: She’s credited as a co-writer on most songs from Born This Way, what percentage of the songwriting would you say she’s responsible for?

Garibay: She doesn't need anyone to write a hit song. A lot of times, it’s 100% her. She's generous enough to give the producers who worked on this album a percentage of the songwriting for the production and whatever contributions we gave in arrangement or a few lyrical suggestions here and there.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lady-gaga-producer-making-born-193459

--------------------------------

So if gagas numbers would't be EDM / Pop, then RedOnes, Garibays names would not appear in the writing credits.

Sexxx

Gaga writes her own songs, read what Garibay said about that. When you watch closely, you will understand fast who writes own songs.

RedOne, Garibay, White Shadow are primarily producer and not song writers. They are in the writing credits because they make the adjustments at faster POP / EDM numbers, so that the timing is and arrangment is right. 

Gaga has no song writing team around her, just PRODUCERS: 

------------------

Interview with Garibay:

THR: She’s credited as a co-writer on most songs from Born This Way, what percentage of the songwriting would you say she’s responsible for?

Garibay: She doesn't need anyone to write a hit song. A lot of times, it’s 100% her. She's generous enough to give the producers who worked on this album a percentage of the songwriting for the production and whatever contributions we gave in arrangement or a few lyrical suggestions here and there.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lady-gaga-producer-making-born-193459

​it'd be nice to see her not do that just for one album, she does deserve 100% of the credit

ryhanna

From the sounds of it Gaga gives a writing credit to someone for suggesting she adds a burp in the middle of a verse, so probably never.

Archived