💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Gaga on Music industry (from 2014 Howard stern interview)

Gagadisiak

Featured Posts

Gagadisiak

"The music industry truth to be told is in a completely **** state. I personally think that streaming... we're going to have to get to a place where it's not what it is now. It's taking away the specialness of the music and the sacredness of music. It's more about the perception of the way we're growing to look at artists and to experience music. It's too much like fast food."

OĂč est-tu ma Salope ?

Well well, how the tables have turned

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Jesse Pinkman

I agree. I honestly dont see why anyone would want to be in the music industry this day and age. Its so corrput and you wouldn't even make the money you would make back in the day thanks to streaming.

The only way to really make money is through touring if you're an artist. 

It's science, bitch

Dorothy Gale

I agree, the only people who can make a sizable amount are big artists.

Emvee

She's condemning all streaming services, tidal included. She doesn't care about the numbers, she cares about the experience. The connection between artist and fan.

She has been saying stuff like that since the very beginning, not just during the ARTPOP era. 

Gaga was (still) on Spotify during this interview, her argument fell flat before she even finished her sentence.  

Gagadisiak

Gaga was (still) on Spotify during this interview, her argument fell flat before she even finished her sentence.  

Interscope own her music ofc they put her music on spotify . 

OĂč est-tu ma Salope ?

Interscope own her music ofc they put her music on spotify . 

Exactly, so why is everyone so butt hurt about Tidal. At the end of the day Gaga has no control over where her music goes.

I don't understand what she's saying. It's too much like fast food? So it's bad to have an entire catalogue of music right in front of you where you can access any song in 3 seconds? She's such a hypocrite in my opinion and this is just another one of her hypocrite statements. Streaming helps a lot of newer artists, people can access their music easily and decide if they like it or not. It's also for free, something she said all music should be so I don't understand her point at all, I'm sorry.

AbuHassan1992

I don't understand what she's saying. It's too much like fast food? So it's bad to have an entire catalogue of music right in front of you where you can access any song in 3 seconds? She's such a hypocrite in my opinion and this is just another one of her hypocrite statements. Streaming helps a lot of newer artists, people can access their music easily and decide if they like it or not. It's also for free, something she said all music should be so I don't understand her point at all, I'm sorry.

​yeah I don't really get where she was gong with the fast food comparison

PrinceGaga

​Gaga belongs in the 80s. In the same interview she talks about the commitment of lining up outside for hours to meet a band or to buy music. That doesn't happen these days as people just stream whatever they want from their bedrooms and not care. That's what the fast food a--logy is for, because it's cheap, easy, accessible and kind of a cheating way of accessing music. 

I don't agree neither disagree with the statement. It's her label that controls her music not her so she's entitled to hate streaming when she does it anyway since it's not in her control of where her music goes. 

​Gaga belongs in the 80s. In the same interview she talks about the commitment of lining up outside for hours to meet a band or to buy music. That doesn't happen these days as people just stream whatever they want from their bedrooms and not care. That's what the fast food a--logy is for, because it's cheap, easy, accessible and kind of a cheating way of accessing music. 

I don't agree neither disagree with the statement. It's her label that controls her music not her so she doesn't have to love it and do it anyway when it's not in her control of where her music goes. 

​Yeah but that whole statement falls through when we hear most of ARTPOP months before the release date. There was no waiting at all. By the time the album got out we had already listened to 90% of it. Also, when Born This Way got that 99 cent deal she was the one who said music should be cheap, easy and accessible so girl needs to decide on what she believes in `cause right now it sounds like she believes in what`s most convenient for her at the time.

PrinceGaga

​Yeah but that whole statement falls through when we hear most of ARTPOP months before the release date. There was no waiting at all. By the time the album got out we had already listened to 90% of it. Also, when Born This Way got that 99 cent deal she was the one who said music should be cheap, easy and accessible so girl needs to decide on what she believes in `cause right now it sounds like she believes in what`s most convenient for her at the time.

​She was excited for the fans to hear ARTPOP as much as the fans were excited to here it. You can't hold performing new songs at iTunes festival against her when she just wanted the fans to be hyped. I personally was still surprised when the album was released. The leaks etc, were obviously not in her control (except for Aura which was because her label wouldn't let her release that as the lead single and she's a rebel). Nothing that happened during the release of ARTPOP has anything to do with her dislike of streaming.

Born this Way with reduced pricing wasn't even her decision, again, it was her label. Over 600,000 copies were bought at regular price anyway so :awkney: and again, has nothing to do with streaming.

Gaga is a genius when it comes to the music industry. Re-watch her SXSW interview, it explains everything about how she feels controlled and wants to regain power over her decision making.

Archived