💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lily Allen Speaks About Tıdal

KaanBTW

Featured Posts

KaanBTW

Music May Kill my account about music news, performances and etc. Lily and I had a little chat. What do you think? Is she right?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No Angel

Not saying her explanation is irrelevant, but If you don't want it, just don't use it? No one is holding a gun to your head and demanding your credit card info for a membership with TIDAL.

I hope people are this conscious when they purchase iPhones/MacBooks and other expensive things annually.

TimisaMonster

It is expensive...and for what? It's basically another way for major artists who already make millions to make even MORE millions from people.

Tbqh...it should be more for indie/underground artists who are struggling to get their music heard and can start building up their popularity, fans, and money and hope to become bigger in the industry. NOT having already well established A list people asking for more money :fail:

To put a charge on EVERYTHING is impossible no matter what they try to do with TIDAL. Radio is free, Youtube streaming is free, Soundcloud accounts are free...etc

:shrug:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Supersonic

If you don't want it, just use it? No one is holding a gun to your head and demanding your credit card info for a membership with TIDAL.

I hope people are this conscious when they purchase iPhones and MacBooks and other things annually.

​YAAAAS THIS SO MUCH.

I got really pissed when everybody complained about 10/20 bucks a month when they get a new iPhone for 600 bucks every year. Not having it.

KaanBTW

It is expensive...and for what? It's basically another way for major artists who already make millions to make even MORE millions from people.  

To put a charge on EVERYTHING is impossible no matter what they try to do with TIDAL. Radio is free, Youtube streaming is free, Soundcloud accounts are free...etc

:shrug:

​But is that ok? This is their jobs and they need to earn. Don't think about Beyonce or Madonna. Think about someone who is new in the industry. New artist need to be paid and these free things destroy the chances to make new music for some people. 

Vernier

She tweeteed other stuff too, which I think explains her point better

jsB00LA.png

pWjCymy.png

Qa6GFxo.png

nopaxDG.png

So for her, it's clearly not as simplistic as "if you don't like it, don't use it :emma: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Hellspont

I know people who can't afford that. Yet it will sale because people are sheep.

Beats are terrible headphones all you have to do is listen

Apple products are cheap pieces of junk all you have to do is use a real PC.

Tidal is using the same ambiguous empty marketing technique as Beats, by having big artists everywhere around its name people think oh my fav is an OWNER of it, let me just give them my $10 to them.

Lily Allen is rich so why does she care.

​I'm not black but I can emphasize with victims of racism, right? She has probably met hundreds of up and coming artists who want to make names for themselves. In the music business if you want that you also have to make money.

I think Lily is making some great points here, glad I've always loved her.

bionic

Lily Allen is rich so why does she care.

​She's looking out for the less fortunate? 

buy bionic

TimisaMonster

​But is that ok? This is their jobs and they need to earn. Don't think about Beyonce or Madonna. Think about someone who is new in the industry. New artist need to be paid and these free things destroy the chances to make new music for some people. 

​Funny how you put this and then I was editing my post at the same time :laughga:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Haroon

Well yeah it's for the people who listen to more than 12 albums worth of music a year and already have super good quality headphones/music systems :laughga: Hence why I don't use streaming things at all, because I get like 2-4 albums a year and nor do I need lossless music because I'm not an audiophile :duck: 

KaanBTW

​Funny how you put this and then I was editing my post at the same time :laughga:

​Yeah right :)

But I think big names must use their popularity to get attention. When people are used to pay reasonable money for music, there will be a chance for new artist to earn more. 

Archived