Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

LIVE UPDATES: Rihanna, Madonna, Beyonce, Kanye, Jay Z (and more) announce TIDAL

jojuun

Featured Posts

jojuun

20150330-news-madonna-tidal-music-stream

Alicia Keys, Arcade Fire, Beyonce, Calvin Harris, Chris Martin of Coldplay, Daft Punk, Jack White, Jason Aldean, J. Cole, Jay Z, Kanye West, Deadmau5, Madonna, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna and Usher are the new owners of TIDAL, the world's first music service with High Fidelity sound quality, High Definition music videos and expertly curated editorial content, owned primarily by leading artists in the music industry. 

TIDAL is taken to be the music industry's answer to Spotify and provides a better platform both for the artist and the listener. TIDAL is currently offering a standard package of $9.99 a month and a premium monthly version of $19.99

Just added to TIDAL to celebrate it's relaunch:
A 75 minute Daft Punk film
Unreleased Alicia footage
First ever White Stripes performance
Coldplay inspiration
Jay Z playlist
Beyonce festival playlist

TIDAL_FOR_ALL_1200x720.jpg

Official press release:

Every movement throughout history began with a few individuals banding together with a vision, a vision to change the status quo. That vision came to life with a first step. Our first step begins today through the platform TIDAL. TIDAL is an artist majority owned company with a mission to reestablish the value of music, the protection of the sustainability of the music industry rooted in creativity and expression. Just as our vision is to introduce change to the current system, during the upcoming months we will continue expand this platform into an all-encompassing destination. We are working diligently everyday to enhance the overall service. Today, the site encompasses high quality sound, video, exclusive editorial but there are more features on the way. In time, TIDAL will be not just a streaming service but a platform with enhanced experiences. With TIDAL we are making a commitment to build a platform that reflects ideas contributed directly from artists, providing an enriched experience. Music presented and heard the way the artists intended. We want our mission with TIDAL to spark conversation and lay a foundation for tomorrow’s burgeoning star. Our movement is being led by a few inviting all to band together for a common cause, a movement to change the status quo…

Today marks the next step …
#TIDALforALL

2725FA7800000578-3018528-Everyone_has_si

From Billboard:

Jay Z's ambitious entrance into the streaming music business, which came as a surprise to industry observers, debuted Monday (March 30) at an event at New York's James A. Farley Post Office in Herald Square with more than a few aces up its sleeves. About 16 of them, to be exact.  
Tidal and WiMP, the two services under Swedish umbrella Aspiro, which he acquired earlier this month, will be the streaming home for artists like Shawn Carter himself, Beyonce, Rihanna, Kanye West, Jack White, Arcade Fire, Drake,Usher, Nicki Minaj, Coldplay, Alicia Keys, Calvin Harris, Daft Punk, deadmau5,Jason Aldean, J. Cole and Madonna. (In case you didn't notice, the group features a golden god from each of the most-liked music genres.) The general public first got wind of the launch just after midnight EST when artists began changing their Twitter avatars cyan-blue in support of the #TIDALforall hashtag. Additionally, Sprint was announced as Tidal's first mobile carrier partner. "People are not respecting the music, and devaluing what it really means," Jay Z told Billboard. "People really feel like music is free, but will pay $6 for water. You can drink water free out of the tap and it's good water. But they're okay paying for it. It's just the mindset right now. Jay Z's courting of Aspiro's all-star team began just ahead of the Grammys in a top-secret meeting in Pasadena which brought West, Daft Punk, Minaj, Coldplay's Chris Martin, Jack White and Madonna together. Billboard has learned that each artist was offered a 3 percent stake in the company in order to secure exclusives that, Roc Nation is hoping, will drive consumers to subscribe at $19.99 per month for high-def audio, or $9.99 for a standard-definition tier (Tidal offers superior audio quality, which accounts for the higher price point, and no freemium option). The artists' total equity in the company comes to just under a majority stake, at around 48 percent. Significant questions remain about the structure of the public company as it relates to its "executive artists," foremost among them how their deals with Shawn Carter will affect their pre-existing record contracts. As well, the service has an uphill battle; Spotify has 15 million subscribers globally and second-place Deezer has 6 million. The most recent numbers for Tidal are at 540,000, according to the company. That said, no other company is guaranteed to offer its customers a first listen of Rihanna's new record, or Beyonce's new video, or Calvin Harris' new remix. Beyonce alone created a new paradigm for releases less than a year-and-a-half ago; Jay Z did the same with Magna Carta, Holy Grail the summer before . As well, Jay Z has never had an outright failure in his business dealings -- though he is in the rare position of being an underdog."I feel like [an underdog] all the time," Jay Z said. "I feel like I'm always pushing envelopes. I feel like I couldn't get a record deal, I feel like, you know, when Hot 97 was the big station I was the first one on Power 105. When The Source was the biggest magazine I was first one on the cover of XXL."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6509498/jay-z-tidal-launch-artist-stakeholders

Original post: After a day full of rumours, teasers, speculation and an incredible social media campaign, rap superstar and business mogul Shawn Carter, aka Jay Z announces the relaunch of (now his) high-definition streaming platform Tidal in about 60 minutes (at the time of this first post) at 5 PM Eastern Standard Time (EST).

More details to be announced shortly. I will add the official press release to the OP, once released.
Use this thread to discuss the actual music service instead of the commercial featuring Rihanna, Nicki, Madonna and others.

LIVESTREAM: 
http://tidal.com/us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5H8TGlLus0

Update (4:30 PM EST) - International press gathers for the conference in New York :

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jojuun

Will Queen BeyBigMouth be there? 

If you are referring to Beyonce​ than most likely.

Haroon

It says "US" at the end of the link so I'm a bit worried that when the countdown ends it'll be blocked for people outside of the US :gum: 

jojuun

It says "US" at the end of the link so I'm a bit worried that when the countdown ends it'll be blocked for people outside of the US http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_gum2.gif 

​I hope that doesn't happen, I'm not in the US either. Anyway, it'll be out in a matter of seconds.

It says "US" at the end of the link so I'm a bit worried that when the countdown ends it'll be blocked for people outside of the US default_gum2.gif

hpSPqsp.jpg

Haroon

​I hope that doesn't happen, I'm not in the US either. Anyway, it'll be out in a matter of seconds.

​Hmm I see :gum: 

hpSPqsp.jpg

​Oh yeah I just saw that :yes:  I meant like will the livestream of whatever's gonna happen be available for people outside of the US - assuming there's gonna be a video of information and announcements :omg: 

Tropico

Will Queen BeyBigMouth be there? 

​How pressed do you have to be to make nonsense posts like that? :excuseme: 

On Topic: So what can he tell us that we don't know? Are there still some things people aren't sure about?  

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Tropico

40 MINUTES

tumblr_nm1d2hlzFy1qdd19ko1_400.gif

​This gif has potential :giggle: 

Waiting for first week sales :giggle: 

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Hellspont

this **** is the Beats of streaming, over priced nonsense that people will run to just because it has jayzs name attached to it.

Archived