💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why didn't Beyoncé's 4 receive the criticism that ARTPOP did?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

4, to my knowledge was less successful than ARTPOP. And it came after one of Bey's most successful eras, the Sasha Fierce era. News sites are still mentioning "ARTFLOP" and throwing around its sales figures. Where's she criticism for 4? It yielded no major hit, yet people still look over it. 

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fiona Apple

It's incredibly simple:People wanted Gaga to fail. They were calling ARTPOP "ARTFLOP" even when Applause was released and made it to top5 .They would call it ARTFLOP even if it could outsell Prism.

Vernier

Firstly, the album wasn't disliked by critics like ARTPOP was, Secondly she was pregnant so I guess it was accepted that she couldn't do much promo to help with the sales, and thirdly, she's Beyonce, her "aura" kinda makes her immune from some of the criticisms the other girls get :ohwell: 

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

It did, everyone here was calling Bey a flop because of 4 and they came back crawling to her like once her self titled hit #1 :Chica:

Jenniferella

Because Beyonce is the most overrated person in history.  default_lollipop.gif

​No, Jesus is !

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

PoshLife

I mean from what I remember, a LOT of people were open about not liking 4. Myself included, even though I was a HUGE fan of Beyonce's after "I Am... Sasha Fierce" (I mean, was there a single bad song on either side of that album?)

I think people are right that the public was so down on Gaga that it magnified all of the criticism about ARTPOP. But we certainly didn't do anything to counter it.

Dorothy Gale

It did, everyone here was calling Bey a flop because of 4 and they came back crawling to her like once her self titled hit #1 default_Chica.jpg

I mean the media, not success stans on forums. 

Archived