💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Zelda U Delayed

Redstreak

Featured Posts

Redstreak

A new Zelda game for Wii U was unveiled at E3 last year to a very positive reception and slated to launch in 2015, but producer Eiji Aonuma has just announced that the game has been delayed. Because Zelda U features "freedom of exploration that hasn't existed in any Zelda game to date," the development team has discovered new possibilities to improve gameplay. As such, they have shifted their focus from a 2015 release to creating "the ultimate and most complete Zelda game." 

Unfortunately, this also means that Zelda U will be skipping E3 this year, as Aonuma confirmed on Miiverse. Previously the game was planned to have a playable demo on the E3 show floor, but with the changes to the development process it will need more time. Hopefully the delay allows for the creation of a game that's well worth the wait!

http://www.gamnesia.com/news/zelda-u-has-been-delayed-wont-be-shown-at-e3#.VRXeDPnF9BE

Oh my god my heart is breaking :giveup:

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Anomaly

That's fine, honestly. I'd rather have the game be delayed a bit and turn out absolutely phenomenal than for it to be rushed to be released on time and end up being sub-par.

They are developing this game since Wii U have been announced, it must be the best game evah

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Hellspont

Guys I think theyre going to take this off Wii U and put it on the hardware they are waiting to announce

Redstreak

Guys I think theyre going to take this off Wii U and put it on the hardware they are waiting to announce

​That'd be a terrible idea since we're probably not getting the next hardware until at least 2017

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

Haroon

I'm kinda sad but then the quote about " the ultimate and most complete Zelda" makes it pretty promising :gum: I hope we do get some kick ass footage at E3 though, even if it's not a playable demo :shrug: 

yassitscarcass

Nintendo USUALLY knows what they're doing when they have to delay something, especially when it's a AAA title like this, one they know has a TON of hype. Hopefully they'll announce Metroid U at E3 though... #JusticeForMetroid

Eros92

Zelda Wii U WILL be coming out for the Wii U... not the NX. It might be on both (ala Twilight Princess) 

As directly quoted..

"As I have watched our development progress, I have come to think that rather than work with meeting a specific schedule as our main objective, and releasing a game that reflects only what we can create within that scheduled time, I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make The Legend of Zelda on Wii U the best game it can possibly be."

They don't say NX, they say Wii U. So don't worry about a console move.

uo111

​I don't think so. Normally they would do the in the planning stages but they are way too far along to do that now.

I also don't think they are planning on replacing the Wii U as fast as a lot of people proclaim. The Gamecube sold relatively poorly too but Nintendo stuck with it and made it one of their best consoles. 

This news is both disappointing and super exciting. 

RAMROD

Better be good then when it's out and not some minor break through.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Darcklighter22

if you look at all the games originally announced in 2013 like Yoshi's Woolly World at the beginning called in 2013 Yoshi's Yarn are coming out roughly two years later. Also given the open world in the game that seems like it could take a while since they have ideas they want to test out. I'm sure it will be worth the wait tho.

Archived