💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Super Mario 64 first level recreated in HD by fan

Pablo

Featured Posts

Pablo

It's playable on your browser here (probably down due to high traffic)

download it for PC, Mac

I saw this on reddit earlier and I'm sure a lot of us grew up playing this game. I tried it out on my computer and the nostalgia is real, I might bring out my n64 and play again!

source

Don't visit my profile

Haroon

I'VE NEVER RAN INTO A THREAD SO FAST IN MY LIFE :giveup:

Omg this is absolutely stunning and the music is so nostalgic :cry: I wonder if they'll ever actually hop onto the home console remake wagon, like how the Zelda team have done with Wind Waker :huh: It'd definitely sell a lot, but then loads of people would rather these amazing titles remain untouched :shrug: 

Also I'm offended at them not adding Koopa Troopa to the level, how dare they neglect that poor soul, he was one of the highlights of Bob-omb Battlefield :grr: 

Teal Ambition

OMG AMAZING

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Koreku

Omg it's glorious :giveup: is the bomb-on king there too?

You don't deserve a point of view if the only thing you see is you.

Haroon

Well that's cool.

Though, it's still my least favorite Mario game. :spin: 

​...W...Wh...WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? :wtf: How is it your least favourite????? :grr: 

What are your favourites? :crossed: 

RAMROD

Awesome thing, man! :applause: 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Staryu

​...W...Wh...WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? :wtf: How is it your least favourite????? :grr: 

What are your favourites? :crossed: 

:laughga: I really respect this game for what it is. Going from 2D to 3D was a messy era in video games and they did a great job for the time. In my opinion, it didn't age very well and I'm not only talking about graphics (which isn't that big of a deal to me):

- The controls and the camera. :messga: 

- The level design, in general, is quite bad imo. The levels either feel too wide and empty or a mess with a bit too much going on and you're not sure where you should go.

- The world feels boring and not very creative overall.

but hey, it's hard to do one type of game perfectly the first time and it's understandable. I just feel like it is overrated, like OoT (don't kill me pls).

The BEST 3D ones are the Galaxy games. These games are SO much fun and well-made. I can hardly find any criticism. 

BUT my favorite is Super Mario Sunshine because it's so weird, difficult and it gives me nostalgia boners. :legend: They were very creative with this one and it's a shame that many people don't praise it as much. It does have some problems though (like the difficulty that gets a bit too much at times and the repetitive bosses).

:rip: so much for me trying to keep it short

Giorno Giovanna

yay i am keen on trying it out

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Fabian5000

.but hey, it's hard to do one type of game perfectly the first time and it's understandable. I just feel like it is overrated, like OoT (don't kill me pls).

:awkney: *finds your address on 4chan*

Disregard

Despite the HD, it doesn't feel nearly as immersive.as the original. Something about it feels so...sedate? IDK. 64 was an amazing game, only surpassed by Sunshine, which was gorgeous and had amazing controls and a perfect difficulty level. The Galaxy games are trash, too samey and linear.

Staryu

http://gagadaily.com/uploads/default_awkney2.gif *finds your address on 4chan*

:dies: it's totally okay that this game is getting a lot of love, but I hardly see how it can be considered the best game of all time by so many gamers.

EdgeofTeeth

If they ever remade this entire game in HD :cry: This game was literally my childhood...

Haroon

:laughga: I really respect this game for what it is. Going from 2D to 3D was a messy era in video games and they did a great job for the time. In my opinion, it didn't age very well and I'm not only talking about graphics (which isn't that big of a deal to me):

- The controls and the camera. default_messga.png 

- The level design, in general, is quite bad imo. The levels either feel too wide and empty or a mess with a bit too much going on and you're not sure where you should go.

- The world feels boring and not very creative overall.

but hey, it's hard to do one type of game perfectly the first time and it's understandable. I just feel like it is overrated, like OoT (don't kill me pls).

The BEST 3D ones are the Galaxy games. These games are SO much fun and well-made. I can hardly find any criticism. 

BUT my favorite is Super Mario Sunshine because it's so weird, difficult and it gives me nostalgia boners. default_legend.gif They were very creative with this one and it's a shame that many people don't praise it as much. It does have some problems though (like the difficulty that gets a bit too much at times and the repetitive bosses).

:rip: so much for me trying to keep it short

​I agree that the world seems wide and empty, at least in this specific case because as soon as I played the video I was like "woah :shocked: ", I don't remember it being that vast and plain though. LOL omg if the Zelda fans were here some of them would have their pitchforks out - praying that they don't see this thread :toofunny: 

I did really enjoy the Galaxy games too, but the only downside to those for me which is totally opposite to your opinion about SM64 is that it's too streamlined, as in you go from planet to planet and you're basically given what to do after each star-launcher in an obvious manner. I like the openness of SM64, like you explore the different parts of the world to find out what to do sometimes :flutter: 

Oh I never finished Super Mario Sunshine, it got too frustrating for me because of the level where you have to clean the beach which I could never manage so I quit :rip: The difficulty was immense, but I do hope they remake it eventually because I'd love to give it a go as an adult (and hopefully better gamer :air: )

Archived