Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Marie Claire Australia: 5 Reasons Why 2015 Is The Year Of Lady Gaga

Bebe

Featured Posts

Bebe

A mesmerising Oscars performance, a wedding, a starring turn on American Horror Story... Here's why 2015 will be the year of Lady Gaga

Is this the Lady Gaga-naissance? We think so. Here are five reasons why 2015 will be the year of Lady Gaga.

1. She just got engaged

The singer started off the year with a big announcement: she was engaged to her longterm boyfriend, actor Taylor Kinney. Lady Gagashared a snapof her heart-shaped diamond on her Instagram on Valentine's Day, right after Kinney's romantic proposal. Excited for Lady Gaga's sure to be very glamorous wedding? Us too.

2. She won the Oscars

Lady Gaga was the undisputed Queen of the Oscars after her rousing Sound of Music medley performance, celebrated the beloved film's 50th anniversary. The singer's celebrated performance included snippets from 'The Hills Are Alive', 'Eidelweiss' and the film's anthem: 'Climb Every Mountain'. Afterwards, she tearfully hugged star Julie Andrews, who said she was "deeply honoured' by her performance. High praise indeed!

3. She's about to star in American Horror Story

The cast for American Horror Story's fifth season airing later this year will have an exciting addition: Lady Gaga. The singer will be joining the cult-favourite thriller TV show for thirteen episodes, following in the footsteps of other A-list guest stars including Jessica Lange and Chloe Sevigny. Gaga's character is yet to be announced, but the subtitle for this series is, aptly, 'Monsters'. Be afraid.

4. She just landed the coveted The Hollywood Reporter front cover

Yes, that's Lady Gaga - glamorous, elegant and almost unrecognisable - on the cover of The Hollywood Reporter with her stylist and friend Brandon Maxwell. The cover of the 25 Most Powerful Stylists in Hollywood issue is a hotly contested spot (last year, the honours went to Lupita Nyong'o, Michelle Dockery and their stylist Micaela Erlanger), celebrating the year's most talked about style star. For 2015, that celebrity was Lady Gaga.

5. She's going to make more music with Tony Bennett

Last year, Lady Gaga's sultry ode to old jazz standards of yore - "Cheek To Cheek" - a duet album with Tony Bennett, went straight to number one in the U.S. The success spun out into overnight sensation territory - the duo scored an H&M campaign and performed together at the Grammy's - and, in February, it was announced that Gaga and Bennett would team up again for a follow-up offering.

Source: https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/marie-claire/news-and-views/celebrity/a/26821247/5-reasons-why-2015-is-the-year-of-lady-gaga/

Australian Media is warming up to her again! :excited2: 
Marie Claire is a major magazine in Australia. #18 in terms of magazine circulation in Australia, so a lot of Australian readers will see this.

Gohan

Yas, bish, yas. Stan for her again!

Perfect time to release a single from your new album #Thirsty

Anyway

tumblr_njm9emR88i1qkr6b6o2_250.gif

tryna go ask Alice, tryna catch that rabbit

Phoenix

This year will probably be better than last  2 for her, but she deserves it after all she went through. Remember kids, no matter how hard it is atm, stay strong and you'll survive and feel even better than you felt before you went in the bad period of your life. :heart: 

💎

gagzus

​I don't follow? :huh:

They said the subtitle for S5 is Monsters

Also I wish the media here in the UK would be like that about her again I miss her bein in every gossip column & magazine for her looks & stuff

MaybeKermit

I'm actually confused: Brandon Maxwell is her stylist? Then who is that Freddie guy? :awkney:

artRaver

I'm actually confused: Brandon Maxwell is her stylist? Then who is that Freddie guy? default_awkney2.gif

​Her hairstylist.

✿ cherry blossom girl ✿

Haroon

Yay :party: She does have loads of good things going on and things in her favour and stuff right now. Even though we won't be getting an album this year (as far as we know), it's still a very exciting year to be a Gaga fan :wao: 

Nicole

I love when Australia gives her a little love every now and then, I really hope this year brings her great things over here.

DanMonster

Thank goodness my country is finally returning to being stans of Gaga! I actually think next year will be her big year cause this year will make her popular and talked about again so that next year's album will be most likely really successful.

Reasons why this won't be the year of Lady Gaga:

1. No new music. Well, maybe that one song.

GagaMyBlood95

Australia better stan for Gaga next era, because ARTPOP era was a shame there..

Yeah, she didn't have any promo there, but anyway, it wasn't pretty...

RAMROD

Finally Aussie let the ACTUAL light in, ooops! :teehee: 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived