💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Best-selling albums in Nielsen Music history - The Fame at #202

Mills

Featured Posts

venusian

Where the **** is Madonna???? I know Ray of Light. Erotica. Something to Remember, Music, and Confessions on a Dancefloor are not getting snubbed (maybe American Life, Hard Candy, and MDNA, and especially Rebel Heart) but seriously where the eff is Ray of Light? Didn't that thing like revive her entire existence? 

​I'm wondering the same i can't find madonna anywhere

WELCOME TO THE TRAGIC KINGDOM

​I'm wondering the same i can't find madonna anywhere

​She's at #105 with her greatest hits compilation which was released one year before Nielsen Music began tracking over-the-counter sales for Billboard, and that's her only album which sold more than 4 million in Nielsen Music-reported sales all throughout her career. You may find the last reported sales of her other albums above your post. Unlike the likes of Michael Jackson and Metallica, both top-selling acts during the 1980s alongside Madonna, her sales per album aren't as impressive as the others. Her sales per release are even comparable to the artists who debuted in the early and mid-2000s. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin unpinned this topic

The 2nd best-selling album in Nielsen Music history, Shania Twain's Come One Over (1997) has now moved 15,596,800 units, as of the week ending April 5, 2015. It sold over an additional 10,000 units since its last update last year.

While 1989 didn't enter the top 200 by its 21st week, it did however reach the all-time best-sellers by its 22nd week, which is still the fastest climb to the top 200 since 2004. This week, 1989 spends its 23rd consecutive stint within the top five of the Billboard 200 since its million-opening debut, becoming only the 2nd album released this century to achieve this feat, after Adele's 21.

Here are the albums which spent the most weeks in the top 5 on the Billboard 200 Chart since their debut:

Rank / Artist / Title (Year of Release) / Weeks
1. Adele, 21 (2011) - 39
2. Michael Jackson, Bad (1987) - 38
3. Stevie Wonder, Songs In the Key of Life (1976) - 32
4. Soundtrack/Whitney Houston, The Bodyguard (1992) - 30
5. Garth Brooks, Ropin' the Wind (1991) - 29
6. Eagles, Hotel California (1977) - 26
7. Backstreet Boys, Millennium (1999) - 24
7. Billy Ray Cyrus, Some Gave All (1992) - 24
8. Mariah Carey, Daydream (1995) - 23
9. Taylor Swift, 1989 (2014) - 23

PlasticHo

Adele is just wow!

​Yeah, she should move to number 4 with a little more time. I'm not sure about getting all the way to number 1. 

• 1 month later...

Taylor Swift's 1989 (2015) moves up to #177 among the best-selling albums in Nielsen Music history (1991-present) after a return to the top three on the Billboard Top Album Sales chart this week. Its release-to-date total sales now stand at 4,829,981, as of the week ending May 24th.

Archived