Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mediatraffic posts updated Lady Gaga album sales

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Supersonic

​I'm talking about their sales. The sales have always been combined. That's why both have sold 1,005,000 together and have been certified million for over a million copies sold.

​No. When albums chart at different positions their sales are NOT thrown in the same pot. Because both sales and positions are tracked by the same company in Japan. The Fame got its Million certification without the Fame Monster. They are considered to different bodies of work, hence why The Fame got a Million cert and The Fame Monster got a double platinum certification.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rainbow Unicorn

Don't use Wikipedia as a source because The Fame + Monster have been certified million together in 2011.

Source : http://www.riaj.or.jp/data/others/gold/201107.html

And Wikipedia says that The Fame Monster is 2x Platinium but it's not true and the link they're giving isn't reporting any Gaga certification : http://www.riaj.or.jp/data/others/gold/201012.html 

And the chart discussion recap everything : 

hausofmike

Born This Way sold more than 8 millions copies, The Fame more than 15 millions, TFM 7,9 millions and ARTPOP more than 2,8M… 

Btw number correct

TF+TFM is 15m+

your numbers are so off

Like It Rough

LADY GAGA'S GLOBAL ALBUM SALES

'The Fame (Monster)' (2008, 2009) 14,5 million
'The Monster EP' (2009) 1,9 million
'Born This Way' (2011) 6,3 million
'ARTPOP' (2013) 1,95 million
'Cheek To Cheek' (2014 with Tony Bennett) 970.000

edit: they added The Remix: 1M

26,62M + other releases = 27M albums sold, that's not bad at all, you all need to stop complaining.

Rainbow Unicorn

26,62M + other releases = 27M albums sold, that's not bad at all, you all need to stop complaining.

​Yes, and Billboard + official press releases (Oscars, Microsoft) announced that she sold a total of 27M albums. So, this number must be real.

:lolly:

The updated sales estimations from MediaTraffic have now grown closer to her officially recognized worldwide album sales of 27 million (as of February 2015 via press releases). Again, the keyword here is estimation since MediaTraffic doesn't have a direct and full access to all music retailers and official recording associations across the globe.

It's a misleading notion that what they report are actual, over-the-counter sales. They're not like Nielsen Music in any way for their info to be regarded as "100% genuine", and there's currently no Nielsen Music equivalent that tracks over-the-counter sales in a global scale anyway. The only legitimate source of worldwide record sales and representation of the global music industry is the IFPI, and their info are supplied by the labels themselves which directly distribute music to the ones which actually sell music - meaning the ones with first-hand information and not from some independent website whose popularity is limited to music forums online. 

Anyway, here are Gaga's reported WW record sales, both estimated and official, from various sources:

WW sales estimations from MediaTraffic:
The Fame + The Fame Monster - 16.4 million (14.5M for TF + 1.9M for the EP)
Born This Way - 6.3 million
ARTPOP - 1.95 million
Cheek to Cheek (w/ Tony Bennett) - 970k
The Remix - 1 million
TOTAL: 26.62 million estimated sales from her 5 major releases + a remix album

WW sales estimations from MusiCharts:
The Fame (Monster) - 15.570 million (7.487M for 2009 + 8.083M for 2010, as of the end of 2010)
Born This Way - 5.942 million (5.773M for 2011 + 169k as of February 2012)
ARTPOP - 1.474 million (1.378M for 2013 + 96k as of February 2014)
Cheek to Cheek (w/ Tony Bennett) - 880k (as of the end of 2014)
TOTAL: 23.866 million estimated sales from her 4 major releases, at the minimum

Reported WW album sales according to Vivendi's annual reports w/c are submitted to the IFPI:
The Fame (Monster) - 12.4 million (7.6M for 2009 + 4.8M for 2010, as of the end of 2010)
Born This Way - 6.8 million (as of the end of 2011)
ARTPOP - 2.3 million (as of the end of 2013)
Cheek to Cheek (w/ Tony Bennett) - to be announced
TOTAL: 21.5 million reported units sold from her 3 major releases during their peak/released years alone

Reported WW album sales according to PRs:
The Fame + The Fame Monster - 15 million
Born This Way - 8 million
ARTPOP - 2.5 million
The Remix - 808k (308k US + 500k WW pre-US release)
Cheek to Cheek - to be announced
TOTAL: 26.308 million reported units sold from her 4 major releases and 1 remix album

WW sales estimations from MediaTraffic:
The Fame + The Fame Monster - 16.4 million​

WW sales estimations from MusiCharts:
The Fame (Monster) - 15.570 million

Reported WW album sales according to Vivendi's annual reports w/c are submitted to the IFPI:
The Fame (Monster) - 12.4 million

Thank you for this, Mills  :applause:

Now for those MediaTraffic die-hards please tell me why IFPI reports TF(M) as having sales of 12.4M while MedaTraffic and MusiCharts report even more sales.

How does this fit into your shipments theory?

IFPI reports sales, if they reported shipments they'd say shipments. I still need an answer on the above question and I know I have quoted you, Vivi, still need an answer.

Born This Way sold more than 8 millions copies, The Fame more than 15 millions, TFM 7,9 millions and ARTPOP more than 2,8M… 

That's the amount of copies shifted, not sold.

Whispering

​Yes, and Billboard + official press releases (Oscars, Microsoft) announced that she sold a total of 27M albums. So, this number must be real.

:lolly:

27 million is around 400,000 short of MT's number. 

1.95 + 400,000 gets us close to that 2.5 number. 

MonsterOfSpain

Thank you for this, Mills  :applause:

Now for those MediaTraffic die-hards please tell me why IFPI reports TF(M) as having sales of 12.4M while MedaTraffic and MusiCharts report even more sales.

How does this fit into your shipments theory?

IFPI reports sales, if they reported shipments they'd say shipments. I still need an answer on the above question and I know I have quoted you, Vivi, still need an answer.

​12.4M by the end of 2010. It's been more than 4 years since that happened, and The Fame Monster still charted in major charts until the release of Born This Way. Also, I don't think IFPI counted the separate The Fame Monster EP - and without it, it's at 14,5M according to Mediatraffic. It's not that crazy to think it sold an extra 2 million in 4 years, seeing how big it was.

I know Mediatraffic isn't completely accurate, but they're the most reliable source for ACTUAL sales. If you really believe ARTPOP sold 2,5-2,8 million copies, you're just being delusional. If you check Rainbow's post on page 2, you see ARTPOP couldn't possibly sell 800k extra copies from the rest of the countries that aren't listed.

Rainbow Unicorn

27 million is around 400,000 short of MT's number. 

1.95 + 400,000 gets us close to that 2.5 number. 

​You forgot Gaga's remix albums + The Monster Ball DVD that also counts in the 27M :

'The Fame (Monster)' (2008, 2009) 14,5 million
'The Monster EP' (2009) 1,9 million
'The Remix' (2010) 1,0 million
'The Monster Ball Tour: At Madison Square Garden' (2011) 300.000*
'Born This Way' (2011) 6,3 million
'Born This Way: The Remix' (2011) 150.000**
'A Very Gaga Holiday' (2011) 60.000***
'ARTPOP' (2013) 1,95 million
'Cheek To Cheek' (2014 with Tony Bennett) 970.000
Total: 27,13 million 

*US: 120k + FR: 30k + AUS: 30k + UK: 25k + JAP: 40k = 245k
**JAP: 52k + UK: 16k + US: 60k = 128k
***US: 42k

ViviLittleM

​12.4M by the end of 2010. It's been more than 4 years since that happened, and The Fame Monster still charted in major charts until the release of Born This Way. Also, I don't think IFPI counted the separate The Fame Monster EP - and without it, it's 14,5M according to Mediatraffic. It's not that crazy to think it sold an extra 2 million in 4 years, seeing how big it was.

I know Mediatraffic isn't completely accurate, but they're the most reliable source for ACTUAL sales. If you really believe ARTPOP sold 2,5-2,8 million copies, you're just being delusional. If you check Rainbow's post on page 2, you see ARTPOP couldn't possibly sale 800k extra copies from the rest of the countries that aren't listed.

Archived