ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whispering

​Believe what you want.

I believe what I want.

For me numbers from the others are shipments, that's all.

End of the discussion tbh

I believe actual professional music organizations and publications. 

The music industry trusts and relies on those same organizations.

They don't look to two guys in their basement, running a site for a hobby, as a legitimate source. 

Born This Way sold more than 8 millions copies, The Fame more than 15 millions, TFM 7,9 millions and ARTPOP more than 2,8M… 

​and then you woke up:lolly:

ps: the decay:pray:

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Whispering

​​NEVER.

This is all shipments.

And guys... Mediatraffic is more reliable than all of your estimations and numbers. 

Media traffic is not more reliable then record labels and professional publications and organizations. These numbers aren't coming from a fan site, they are coming from industry insiders and professionals. 

Rainbow Unicorn

Guys, please, see the difference between inflated shipment numbers and real sales.

ARTPOP: 744k (USA) + 210k (UK) + 200k (Japan) + 35k (Italy) + 65k (France) + 12k (Spain) + 5k (South Korea) + 90k (Canada) + 65k (Brazil) + 30k (Australia) + 50k+ (Germany) + 150k other certified sales (Argentina, Austria, Colombia, Finland, Hungary, Mexico, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland) = 1.656M copies. So... How can it sold 1.144M copies outside of the biggest coutries? 

1.95M is the right number.

ViviLittleM

Media traffic is not more reliable then record labels and professional publications and organizations. These numbers aren't coming from a fan site, they are coming from industry insiders and professionals. 

​"record labels and professional publications and organizations" always post SALES yes but sales for the retailers

not the real sales, albums bought by people

HighwayGuy

If ARTPOP was treated right with the proper promo and singles it could be at 4 million+ WW

And I can't believe C2C is nearly at 1 million!

Gaga is SO not over, and fans who say she is are a mess :madge:

I am sure  they are totally wrong for TFM  :awkney: 

​those are just for the EP alone

The Fame alone sold like 8 million copies but with TFM combined it is at 14.5 million

so TFM deluxe sold like 6.5 million and the E.P 1.9 million

ViviLittleM

Guys, please, see the difference between inflated shipment numbers and real sales.

ARTPOP: 744k (USA) + 210k (UK) + 200k (Japan) + 35k (Italy) + 65k (France) + 12k (Spain) + 5k (South Korea) + 90k (Canada) + 65k (Brazil) + 30k (Australia) + 50k+ (Germany) + 150k other certified sales (Argentina, Austria, Colombia, Finland, Hungary, Mexico, Poland, Sweden, Switzerland) = 1.656M copies. So... How can it sold 1.144M copies outside of the biggest coutries? 

​This...

Fiona Apple

​those are just for the EP alone

The Fame alone sold like 8 million copies but with TFM combined it is at 14.5 million

so TFM deluxe sold like 6.5 million and the E.P 1.9 million​

Nah.

Nah.

​what are your numbers then?

a lot of people counted The Fame Monsters as the re-release of the fame and that's why the sales go to the fame

Rainbow Unicorn

​This is not about being reliable or not. Because, sure, record labels are reliable, but they're reporting shipments. Don't you think it's too fishy that Universal reported TFM at 16M in 2010 while the album was released only for months ? Same for BTW and its 8M copies ? The truth is that Mediatraffic is adding up REAL sales for years now, that's why they're also reliable, but in term of estimated numbers. It's not an usual "fan site". They're doing their job perfectly and their chart page is based on real numbers and statistics from IFPI, and all other official compagnies as well.

​mte:madge:

some people fail to see the reality:air:

almost 3 million sold? I mean PRISM barely sold more than that, let alone ARTPOP:awkney:

Archived