Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Mediatraffic posts updated Lady Gaga album sales

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Rainbow Unicorn

​I know right they certified C2C before ARTPOP. LOL Interscope is a hot mess. 

​i totally agree :dies:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ViviLittleM

​I do want to point out something

These countries you mentioned

Bulgaria ?  Greece ? Latvia ? Thailand ?

According to the iTunes WW chart

ARTPOP is currently at

#23 in Bulgaria

#46 in Greece

#69 in Latavia

#129 In Thailand

Its also still top 50 in these countries

#5 Nicaragua 
#14 Armenia 
#23 Bulgaria 
#23 Costa Rica 
#28 Paraguay 
#29 Uzbekistan 
#35 Belize 
#35 Kyrgyzstan 
#37 Cyprus 
#37 Turkmenistan 
#37 Venezuela 
#44 Honduras 
#44 Tajikistan 
#44 Ukraine 
#44 Vietnam 
#46 Greece 
#47 Malta 
#48 Lithuania 
#50 Argentina

The album is still selling pretty well 2 years later.

Initial certifications are probably paid for to boost album sales but certifications over time are not. 

For example the single Bad Romance it was certified in 2013 as a Digital Diamond. It had all the sales and streams before then to make it diamond, but her record company paid for those well deserved certifications in just one day.

Bad Romance was certified 5x, 6x, 7x, 8x, 9x, and 10x platinum all in the same day. 

​Sorry but I laughed so hard

Arturo

Can we just be happy that ARTPOP has pretty much sold 2,000,000 copies which not a lot of albums do these days (really, the amount of albums from the 2010's decade that shifted more than 2M actual sales isn't a lot. The number is actually embarrassing when you look at albums released in 2013 onwards)
And let's be happy that Cheek to Cheek is less than 30k away from being a 1,000,000 WW seller.

Psychedelic

I personally find mediatraffic more reliable than other sources, even if they don't have access to all music retailers and official recording associations because these base their info on the reports from the labels which usually inflate numbers to benefit their artists. No big deal thoug, still very good numbers overall, even for ARTPOP. An album that manges to sell almost 2m copies in this decaying industry, is quite a success!

Archived