💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
debate

Was Applause the best possible choice for the lead single?

Dorothy Gale

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

I am really questioning this. Most of the people I talked to said that it was catchy, but left something to be desired. I kind of agree, it's not the easiest song to relate to, but the beat does slay. I just think she should have released something more experimental from the album, like Aura or Do What U Want. Applause seemed like what the public would expect from Gaga. 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jewels n Drugs

yea

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

JustPokeHerFace

I honestly think DWUW would have been the best lead single choice (with X-Tina) followed by Gypsy, but Applause was a good choice nonetheless.

I don't see any of ARTPOP being Bad Romance slayage single material. If I HAD to choose I would pick DWUW but only if it didn't have R. Kelly. G.U.Y I think would've been a good choice, it's catchy.
But I don't agree with people who think Aura would've been a good single.

swine was

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Computer

Applause was the best choice.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Mister Gaga

Yes. I would pick DWUW, but I don't like lead singles that are collabs (just dance says hi). But with a decent video, dwuw would have saved ARTPOP era  :crossed:

Yes. I would pick DWUW, but I don't like lead singles that are collabs (just dance says hi). But with a decent video, dwuw would have saved ARTPOP era  :crossed:

​Colby who?

VasilisVas

Compared to everything else on the album, yes, Applause was the best, if not the only song that was radio worthy. 

mattyx

Even though I loved it from first listen it didn't seem that way for others I know.  I remember being so excited to play the song for them and they weren't really into it.  I feel like that happened for a lot of people.  It did alright in the end though I guess.  Everyone I know loved Gypsy the most though when album was released.

Archived