💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Iggy Azalea glad she didn't win Grammy

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

"I'm glad I didn't win because people already hate me enough,†Azalea told Los Angeles’s Power 106. “I do not need to be hated anymore."

The 24-year-old further revealed that she didn’t even have an acceptance speech planned in case her debut, The New Classic, happened to take the prize.

"My speech would've been like, 'F--k this, I don't want it! Take it! Get it away from me,’†she asserted.

When asked about the actual winner of the award – Eminem, who scored with The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – Azalea pointed out his victory was yet more proof of widespread animosity towards her place in the rap world.

"I found it to be kind of ironic,†she noted. “Because I’m white, therefore I’m appropriating culture, but then Eminem won it - who’s white and won it many times - and they didn’t seem to say anything about that. I suspect it was just because they dislike me."

Source: https://music.yahoo.com/blogs/live-nation/iggy-azalea-s-glad-she-didn-t-win-grammy---people-already-hate-me-enough-190252116.html

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

I hope this goes to show all of her haters that she is a real person with real feelings.

Isn't this old news? It was included in that interview where she speaks about Eminem not getting backlash for Grammy nomination, not wanting to be called a racist and dismissing those "racist" tweets as photoshopped to make her look bad.

People are too harsh for her. She didn't won any Grammy yet her haters still find a way to call her a trash when she already recognized her position of not winning the Grammys. She only shared her excitement of being nominated yet people are painting  her as this b*tch who thinks she deserves a Grammy When she's clearly not.

LoveandMagic

I understand her frustrations but I feel this is the wrong attitude for her as an artist. Eminem received hate too (still does) but he puts it into his work and it has changed the minds of many critics. Whatever she is feeling emotionally she should use, and if she is selected for a prestigious award, she should feel she has earned it and not run from it because she may receive animosity. The music industry is tough enough, but the rap game is brutal. People that hold their head up high and work hard usually earn respect. 

Do I think her debut deserved a Grammy? No, though I enjoyed it. But she should strive to work harder to show her haters up. Every artist has haters, she can't let it get to her, as hard as it may be sometimes. 

And no, I am not trying to hate on Iggy, but she will continue get so much flack if she doesn't get back her confidence and use her anger/sadness artistically. 

Just repeat to yourself, "It's just a show. I should really just relax."

Doncho

"I suspect it was just because they dislike me". Well... there were more than just 2 nominees :roll:

AbuHassan1992

first of all, eminem is actually good (even though I prefer his old music) and he doesn't try to act hood and and a stereotypic perception of what she sees hip hop to be

TEANUS

Or maybe you didn't win because your "rap music" is mediocre and isn't Grammy worthy and you know it and now your pressed cause you lost the award and are acting like you don't give a f*ck :usrs: 

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Michael

Oh, and if she had won would she be saying 'I wish I didn't win'? :reductive: She's just mad that she lost.

Archived