other

Rob Fusari Talks Lady Gaga, demonstrates how they created Paparazzi

AbuHassan1992

Featured Posts

AbuHassan1992

HERE IT IS:

LINK (click)

10838558_367402440135090_785758937_n.jpg

I just got back from the Rob Fusari event at the Apple Store in Soho here in New York. I'm uploading the audio recording, but it's an hour long so it's gonna take a while.

He had a projection screen where he had a window of Logic X up, and the session file for Paparazzi with all the different tracks. He basically talked about how he and Gaga made Paparazzi, and walked us through the creative process of writing and composing the song. He was supposed to take questions, but he didn't. (Which I'm guessing is to avvoid the inevitable rape-questions, which I honestly think was a good move. Those allegations have nothing to do with the music). He may have at the beginning though, but I wouldn't know because I was ten minutes late because of a subway service change.

As a songwriter, producer and someone who is into audio, it was really interesting.  He showed us how they started the song, with just a click track and Gaga playing chords on a piano. They added a kick, snare and claps, but he (I don't know about her) thought the song was bad and wasn't going anywhere. He said Gaga's label told her they wanted her to write a song called Paparazzi, but he wasn't feeling it and thought it was stupid. Eventually they started writing lyrics, Gaga writing about fame and glamour, while Rob wrote about Love, and they made a compromise, merging the two.

Because Gaga, isn't "pretty", as he said, the song shouldn't be pretty. "She's not britney", and the song "shouldn't be perfect", because gaga isn't perfect, as he said, and he wanted the song to capture her peronality. He actually thought the track sounded weird and bad, but when Gaga wrote the chorus and recorded it (with no autotune!!) something magical happened, and Paparazzi was born.

I'm uploading the audio now. stay tuned

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RainingOnMe

He really is a great guy.... And for all the Fusari haters, that interview some spam site posted about him trashing Gaga never even happened :rip:  

crushedlemonice

He really is a great guy.... And for all the Fusari haters, that interview some spam site posted about him trashing Gaga never even happened :rip:  

ñ€â€čHow do you know it never happened?

Harry

Amazing! So jealous, I would have loved to attend this. Aside from the obviously interesting details about the song's conception, did he talk about specific techniques he used within Logic? I use Logic all the time so I'd be super interested to hear about that.

RainingOnMe

ñ€â€čHow do you know it never happened?

ñ€â€čthat site posted that the kardashian sisters had a foursome, and rob was asked on twitter and he confirmed that it was fake. he wouldn't say anything mean like that about gaga

AbuHassan1992

Amazing! So jealous, I would have loved to attend this. Aside from the obviously interesting details about the song's conception, did he talk about specific techniques he used within Logic? I use Logic all the time so I'd be super interested to hear about that.

ñ€â€čYeah me too, that's what I was the most excited about beforehand.

He showed us how he duplicated the piano so he had two tracks, put heavy distortion on it and assigned it to a bus and put a slap back reverb and an echo on it and panned it to the side, while explaining why he did it, artistically.

Der Meister

It makes me really upset that they used to call Gaga ugly and wanted her music to sound "ugly" as well. This is ****ed up.  

Jewels n Drugs

It makes me really upset that they used to call Gaga ugly and wanted her music to sound "ugly" as well. This is ****ed up.  

ñ€â€čthissssssss

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

AbuHassan1992

ñ€â€čwell that's not what he said. When they made the song, they didn't quantize the drums, piano, bassline etc, so they were slightly off-beat. He said they could fix it so it lined up perfectly with the tempo, but that wouldn't be true to gaga's quirkiness and her weird personality. It would be more raw, more truthful and more "Gaga", just like the Beatles, he said. Their tracks weren't perfect in terms of playing on beat or whatever, but  in return, their music was honest, true and raw.

He never called her ugly, but she was never conventially pretty. lighten up

lego

ñ€â€čthat site posted that the kardashian sisters had a foursome, and rob was asked on twitter and he confirmed that it was fake. he wouldn't say anything mean like that about gaga

I just checked his twitter, he retweeted that article, didn't say it's fake

https://twitter.com/WashBlade/status/570983922546266112?s=09

https://twitter.com/CaryNoKey

FreePalestine

Archived