Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Pharrell's 'Happy' on its way to become one of the best-selling singles in Germany, German band aquires first ever German DIAMOND award for albums

Supersonic

Featured Posts

Supersonic

The highest certification of February went to Santiano: They received a 5 times platinum award for 1,000,000 shipped copies of their Album "Bis ans Ende der Welt", while they received a DIAMOND award for more than 750,000 shipped copies of their Album "Mit den Geizeiten".

Also among the the updated certifications is Pharrell Williams' 'Happy' with a 3x Platinum plaque for more than 900,000 sold copies and Meghan Trainor's 'All About That Bass' with a Platinum plaque for more than 400,000 sold copies.

All songs and albums released since January 1st 2013 are elligle for a Diamond award, all songs released after June 1st 2014 now need to reach the 200,000 milestone before getting certified Gold (until May 31st only 150,000 were required.)

source: http://www.musikindustrie.de/fileadmin/news/publikationen/GOLD_PLATIN_des_Monats/BVMI_Gold_Platin_Diamond_02_15.pdf

http://www.musikindustrie.de/556/

xoxo cupcakke

No. Unless it's Happy by Marina, no. Dumb Pharrell littering our ears with his rubbish. I pray his career flops harder than Paula :pray:

Hola Soraya

No. Unless it's Happy by Marina, no. Dumb Pharrell littering our ears with his rubbish. I pray his career flops harder than Paula :pray:

​fish_flop_hg_wht.gif

¿Tú me estás hablando en inglés?

Fame Romance

I still don't get over the fact that they gave the grammy for best music video to Happy instead of Chandelier. 

Supersonic

Are they still ignoring Queen Helene Fischer ? :rip:

​Labels have to pay a fee to have certifications awarded everytime after one of their albums/songs reached a certain amount of sales (hence why Born This Way is still at Gold even though it sold probably enough to be certified 3x Gold for example).

Archived