💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

How Ryan Murphy got Gaga for AHS, Top Hat clue was C2C

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

We know that Lady Gaga loves her monsters, but this news still took us by surprise: The music superstar announced on Feb. 25 via Twitter that she would be starring in the fifth season of FX’s American Horror Story, premiering in October.

In a quick video, Gaga, who acted on the big screen in 2013’s Machete Kills and 2014’s Sin City: A Dame to Kill For, also revealed that this year’s AHS would be subtitled Hotel. The show has always attracted top-tier talent (Academy Award winners Jessica Lange and Kathy Bates appeared previously) and has even drawn some music icons (Stevie Nicks and Patti LaBelle have had small roles). But to nab a global sensation on the level of Gaga for a 13-episode series is nothing short of a TV miracle.

So how did creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk do it? EW has learned that Gaga and Murphy have been talking since last fall, and that once the right role was crafted for her, she was fully on board. Still, everyone involved remained silent about the talks—FX didn’t even know about Gaga’s interest in the show—realizing what a coup this could be.

Creative viewers of last season’s Freak Show may have actually been able to predict this casting scoop. In the Oct. 29 episode, the camera noticeably focused on a paper coffee cup with a large top-hat logo. Murphy told EW back in October, “That is a big season 5 clue! It’s an arcane clue, but it’s very purposeful, and it illuminates something that you’ll be like, ‘Oh! You dirty bastard!’”

EW can now confirm that the image was directing viewers not only to the theme (the classic 1935 film Top Hat is set in a hotel) but also to Gaga (the song “Cheek to Cheek” was written originally for Top Hat and is the title of Gaga’s current duets album with Tony Bennett). Details are scarce as to who—or what—Gaga will be playing at this hotel, but we’re guessing it will be even scarier than the hot tub at your local Holiday Inn. 

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/03/04/lady-gaga-american-horror-story

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JEWRJEWR

well, little detectives didnt get that one.

#disappointed

Fear, she's the mother of violence

Haroon

I thought this would be confirmation about the large hat in the Applause video :dies: I didn't think it'd be related in that aspect, and I'd be surprised if anyone connected the far spread out dots and reached the conclusion of the actual clue :omg: 

The Child

C2C slaying once again !

w4e8Jy7.gif

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

mcphee

Still in shock about the whole announcement. So excited to see what kind of character she'll be playing, especially as AHS characters are always to vibrant and interesting. :saira:

Versace

Cheek To Cheek will sell 2 million WW after AHS: Hotel is over.

​And Lets hope LG5/6 sells 10 million WW after AHS: Hotel is over

Davidsonary

That connection to Gaga though. :duck:

If I would have made that deduction before this announcement I'll be called reaching. 

Oh hello. What is this space down here? Where am I?

Caesium

I saw Ryan being sneaky with that clue tumblr_inline_nkhpl8e9MM1sss11u.gif

Put your white tennis shoes on and follow me

Archived