💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Billy B hurt by Tara Savelo's credit as the make-up artist of Gaga in 2009-2011

Dolev

Featured Posts

music-grammys.jpg

It's the war  of the makeup artists responsible for Lady Gaga’s many faces.

Famed makeup guru Billy B â€” who has painted the faces of Gaga, Sharon Stone and Mary J. Blige, among countless stars — is considered one of the best in the business and has been venting to pals that a former underling, now Gaga’s makeup artist, has been taking credit for his signature “look.â€

“Billy was responsible for Gaga’s ever-changing image and her ‘glam’ looks. He showed her that she could be beautiful and didn’t have to hide behind masks,†one source who has worked with him tells Confidenti@l.

But the battle started after Gaga moved on to makeup artist Tara Savelo (near r.), who happens to be Billy B’s former assistant. When E! Online posted a story crediting her with the singer’s most famous looks, Billy (r.) was “hurt,†he tells us. Making matters worse, Gaga poached Savelo after meeting her on the set of the “Bad Romance†video, for which Billy did the makeup.

“By Tara positioning herself (for supposedly cultivating those looks), she’s insinuating those were her creations,†Billy tells us. “For people to read that she’s responsible for the look, no. This is all I’ve got, and I’m proud of it. This is not gonna happen, girl.â€

Billy adds that Savelo, who he says shadowed him for a short time from 2009-11, is no longer working for Gaga but isn’t correcting people who think she’s responsible for Gaga’s magazine covers and music videos that feature Billy’s artistry.

“I’m not mad, frankly. I’m hurt and disappointed that she would do that to herself,†he says. “She knew what she was doing. I’ve created many iconic looks for many people, and the reason I could not let this go is because never before in my career has there been such a perfectly clear, bookended period of time that I consistently worked with an artist to create and cultivate so many looks. There’s a beauty to that, the magic that was that period was a collaboration.â€

Going with Gaga (l.) to all her shows and projects, Billy says, he was there “every day,†and her talent inspired him to do some of his best work.

“She worked her ass off and can sing,†he says. “I did the ‘Fame Monster’ album cover, the ‘Telephone’ video, the ‘Born This Way’ video. I did her for ‘SNL,’ a Rolling Stone cover, many photo shoots. I was with her a full two years from 2009-11.â€

The two parted not due to a conflict but because Gaga refreshes her look with each album. A source close to her camp tells us: “Gaga is an artist. Her looks are always changing, so of course she doesn’t stay with the same team forever. She is like Madonna that way. She wants to keep things fresh.â€

Savelo did not reply to a request for comment.

Source

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stephen

Billy B is king. Thank god Tara is gone. Sweet girl, but you can see the improvement dramatically

RAMROD

Hmmmm, curious :sis:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

URFUTUREFAV

all of these people  sewing Gaga or her people go **** yourselves

People hate what they don't understand.

oh shut up, claiming that he was the source of her iconic looks. :rip: You painted canvas, you did not create it.

NewYorkCity

I believe him... I can't stand Tara tbh. :awkney: 

But why now? There's no need for this.

HEARTHUNTER

I believe this. Billy did amazing job for Gaga and I hope they'll collaborate again together.

Robinladen

all of these people  sewing Gaga or her people go **** yourselves

​it doesn't say anything about a lawsuit in the article tho. he just wants to say that he was responsible for those looks and not someone else.

HighwayGuy

Wow no wonder Gaga looked so good before Tara came onto the scene

I need both her and DJWS to stay away from Gaga tbh :manicure:

Gagadisiak

thanks god it's sarah now her make-up artist . she's much better than tara .

Où est-tu ma Salope ?

Michelle

He has every right. Nobody should be taki g credit for sow thing they didn't do. That's just my thought :shrug:

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

Archived