💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Taylor Swift unleashes New Romantics on iTunes (now at #9)

Spock

Featured Posts

Spock

Taylor Swift released the best track off of 1989 (and possible future single) on iTunes. It is now sitting pretty at #9 and climbing.

Rolling Stone called it the second best song of 2014 :legend:

2. Taylor Swift, "New Romantics"
"We show off our different scarlet letters/Trust me, mine is better" is the sharpest couplet Taylor has ever written, except maybe the others in this song. I have no idea why she left a song this urgent and glittery and perfect off her album (it's a bonus track), but geniuses are weird. "New Romantics" is where she really indulges all that Eighties synth-pop she warned us about, with a mascara-smudged nod to the New Romantic scene that gave us Duran Duran and Adam Ant. (Does Tay own Visage records? She can have mine.) It's the best song the Pet Shop Boys never wrote — it could have been the fourth-best song on Actually, or third-best on Behavior. She plays it cool vocally — she even sings "We're all bored," when boredom is maybe the least Tay of emotions. But then that chorus hits and she's inside the mirror ball, on a floor where the lights and boys are blinding and playing cool won't cut it anymore. I thought I was Taylor's hugest fan, but I never imagined she had a tune like this in her.

MTV :legend:

Oh hey. I didn’t see you there. I was emerging from the pure bliss that is Taylor Swift’s 1989 bonus tracks, now available on iTunes. And damn, have you heard “New Romantics� It’s the poppiest pop song that ever popped! Someone please hold me back. I can’t stop dancing.

Listen to this gem here http://www.vidostream.com/music/listenone/6114/New-Romantics/

Buy it :classy:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/new-romantics/id968570584?i=968571074&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spock

Comfused. How is it new if the album has been out?

​It was a bonus track and only got released with the Target physical in the US. It wasn't on iTunes before because of the exclusive Target release

inuborg

Wasnt Style released 2 weeks ago?

​I think she's talking the Nicki Minaj approach of throwing everything out there and see what sticks lol

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Weasel

It's my fave song of the album, was shocked once I heard it was a bonus track :rip: 

Spock

​I think she's talking the Nicki Minaj approach of throwing everything out there and see what sticks lol

​She has been releasing a bonus track per week for three weeks and been doing this since Speak Now lol

yASSsss

:lmao: 

She really does want Style to flop :ohno: 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Brandon

I think it is one of the best songs on the album (better than Style and BS). Such a shame it is a bonus track. I love it so much. 

Archived