💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Do not discredit Gaga she made Dance music mainstream"

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Dorothy Gale

There were many artists doing dance-pop music before Gaga, but she did popularize it. 

TimisaMonster

She definitely catapulted it into a different kind of mainstream. The "crazy" fashion, the avant-garde performances, and the legit CATCHINESS of these songs made it look so easy, but The Fame was a hit with every single! Same with The Fame Monster! :giveup:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Computer

Even if dance music was popular at times before Gaga and after Gaga, and if things are cyclical, dance was not on the radio immediately before Gaga.  It was only hip hop infused pop, namely Akon T-Pain and Timbaland.  At that moment when Gaga came it was a thing that people said... that Gaga gave us back dance music.

It happened people it was considered common knowledge at the time.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

so when are they gonna talk about the grammy 2015 tho? :air:  

BUY BEAUTY BEHIND THE MADNESS ON ITUNES.

mariomania1234

He's right. I can't at people who deny the major shift the pop landscape took after Gaga debuted. 

No Angel

​

​

Agreed. She definitely changed the pop industry, but she did not popularize dance music by any means.

​No doubt she had a major impact, but this is true...

I still remember the epic-ness of her 2013 Itunes festival...especially when she debuted ARTPOP's title track :emo:

Gagaloo911

well she certainly helped bring it BACK into mainstream. Not her alone, but she was one of the major ones to.

Before her most music on radio was R&B and hip hop. After it became heavily dance/electronic with the help of some others who were, unlike Gaga, forgettable

Ronk

I doesn't matter if people over or under crediting Gaga, people are saying positive things about her again.   Remember when people said she "revolutionized pop music" or "saved pop music".  People will say what they say, but there is a grain of truth in these statements, whether or not they are over stated.    The point is Gaga had a positive impact on pop music, and it's great that people are admitting that again.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Archived