💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Does it bother you: "Gaga is a character"

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Blue Jeans

Recently after Gaga's Oscar Performance a lot of people on social media and even people at my school today (it was my first day of school after the holidays) were saying that Gaga is just a character created by a record label and that she never really liked pop nor wanted to be a pop singer, but she sold out and became this "thing"

Like no, if you really know Gaga you'd know that she is a musician who always wanted to do Pop and become this Pop sensation, Gaga is not a character its just an extension of Stefani, the Sound of music tribute is as Gaga as Bad romance.. When i watched this interview again I remembered the true essence of Gaga, she really wanted to be famous and be big and be the Biggest POP star in the world she loves Pop and nobody forced her to do pop music.

22:55

"I always wanted to be a pop singer, that was the ultimate sort of dream come true for me, is that i would work endlessly towards this experience with music"

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Better Day

Gaga is an extension of Stefani. But Lady Gaga plays many different roles 

Together You And I!

Sugarfall

It's just the general perception of everyone thinking that all pop stars are label creations

Ladey Gagz

Not really. If you're not a fan, you're bound to think that she's a character. She really looks/acts differently when she's classy and when she's Gaga.

If people say she's a character created from a label and she's a sell out, sure it bothers me. But if they say she's a character without it being a bad thing, then I don't mind

squeala

it doesn't bother me that people are ignorant about gaga. they can listen to her music/watch her shows/etc if they choose to and they'll realise how authentic she is

Dayman

Gaga is a character. I know Die Antwoord isn't universally loved by this fan base, but they recently did an interview and they spoke about creating their personas. They may be exaggerated and larger than life - but it leads to a more honest version of themselves. They're saying things they wouldn't say if they didn't have those personas as masks - Gaga is the same exact way. Being Lady Gaga is a way for her to express the parts of herself she wouldn't otherwise. There is a disconnect that leads to expressing personal experiences in a more honest way - even if it does seem more avant-garde and extravagant. Really, this is what ARTPOP was all about - just listen to Aura, it's all right there - from the intro to the final chorus.

xoxo cupcakke

Katy Perry, X-Tina, Madonna, Michael Jackson, David Bowie, The Artist Formerly Known as Prince are all characters too so some people better realize this before coming after Gaga. At the end of the day, a commercial musician is basically their own mascot and they have to get their message out there

It's just the general perception of everyone thinking that all pop stars are label creations

​this. People think that every pop star is just a creation and totally manufactured. 

Jester

Judging on what Rob Fusari said she didn't really always like pop

But yeah, she real, she's an artist, and she's not a character in all this just for the money :legend:

giskardsb

She didn't sell out, she "bought in" and made it her own.  Gaga/Stefani is a multimedia artist and Pop is a multimedia entertainment.  Fusari did have to convince her to do electronic dance though if you believe old interviews.  I suspect when she said she wanted to be a pop artist she initially had something more organic in mind. 

At this point it's obvious that it's important to her that people see the real talent underneath and Pop can hide that.  Many pop fans are fine with mediocre musical talents that need technology to help them "sing".   Gaga has been proving that she needs no such assistance.

Archived