💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

PHOTO: Eddie Redmayne's new shocking photoshoot from his new movie

Bradley

Featured Posts

​Let me rephrase it: Why don't they hire an actual female transgender actress?

​Because it's not acting then. It's simply being yourself and saying what the screenwriters wrote. Same with "why don't disabled people play disabled people in movies"

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MelbHawker

​Because it's not acting then. It's simply being yourself and saying what the screenwriters wrote. Same with "why don't disabled people play disabled people in movies"

​Are you seriously stating that a real transgendered woman can't play a transgendered woman in a film?

Okay.. so because Bradley Cooper is a straight male in real life.. he can't play a straight male in a movie, right? 

Smh. Think before you type.

MahoganySnitch

To act is delivering "what the screenwriters wrote" in a convincing/compelling way. I'm sure Redmayne will deliver (he looks great for the role, and his recent win is an indication that he can indeed deliver a compelling performance) but to insinuate that LGBT actors aren't acting when they play LGBT characters is just...:awkney:

Young Pancake

Looks like Jessica Chastain

This. He is such a camaleon! He looks like different persons in all of those photos.

Interlude

They should have of hired an actual trans woman to play the role

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Vernier

Omg he could be Jessica Chastain's twin :giveup:

​I guess soon, straight white males will be played by lesbians then, after all the role of a straight white male can't be played by one as it's not really "acting"

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

​Are you seriously stating that a real transgendered woman can't play a transgendered woman in a film?
Okay.. so because Bradley Cooper is a straight male in real life.. he can't play a straight male in a movie, right? 

Smh. Think before you type.

Yeah, I guess a real sociopath should've played the role of Lisa Rowe in 'Girl, Interrupted' originally played by Angelina Jolie, right? Or David Fincher should've hired a woman who framed her husband of murdering her, running away and killing her ex boyfriend instead of Rosamund Pike. Makes sense.

You seem like a reasonable human being and I get your point, but it's not just about LGBT characters. Why do adults get to voice the parts of children in movies? Check out this comment about Eddie Redmayne's Oscar winning performance in 'The Theory of Everything': "The role wasn't disabled throughout. A disabled actor may have found the beginning of the movie too challenging." Maybe it's the same for 'The Danish Girl', maybe it's the same for most of these parts.

Omg he could be Jessica Chastain's twin :giveup:

​I guess soon, straight white males will be played by lesbians then, after all the role of a straight white male can't be played by one as it's not really "acting"

Your comparasion makes no sense, so I'm not going to continue about this, at least not with you.

Vernier

Your comparasion makes no sense, so I'm not going to continue about this, at least not with you.

​How does it not make any sense based on your original comment, which was that a trans person can't play a trans person because "it wouldn't be acting". Therefore in that sense, no one should play what is similar to them? If you were trying to get a point across, at least phrase it better then.

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

​How does it not make any sense based on your original comment, which was that a trans person can't play a trans person because "it wouldn't be acting". Therefore in that sense, no one should play what is similar to them? If you were trying to get a point across, at least phrase it better then.

​Because playing a "straight white male" and playing a transgender woman is not the same thing.

MahoganySnitch

You seem like a reasonable human being and I get your point, but it's not just about LGBT characters. Why do adults get to voice the parts of children in movies? Check out this comment about Eddie Redmayne's Oscar winning performance in 'The Theory of Everything': "The role wasn't disabled throughout. A disabled actor may have found the beginning of the movie too challenging." Maybe it's the same for 'The Danish Girl', maybe it's the same for most of these parts.

​Adults doing the voice-acting isn't always the case: off the top of my head, I do recall a young Kristen Dunst doing the voice of young Anastasia in the 1997 FOX movie and two young girls voicing young Elsa/Anna in Frozen. But I imagine adults do it much more because the pool of child acting is small enough as it is? IDK.

The thing about the "Theory" role is that I know of no actor out there with the same disability that Mr. Hawkings has (and can replicate it in the same way), but there sure are LGBT actors/actresses that can perform this particular role. 

Archived