💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Ohio news anchor taken off air after calling Lady Gaga’s songs 'jiga--

Blackwillow

Featured Posts

Blackwillow

PreviousNextKristi Capel, a local Ohio news anchor called Lady Gaga songs ‘jiga--- music’ while covering the Oscars with co-anchor Wayne Dawson.  022215110448 Enlarge
AWESOME BABYARM VIA YOUTUBE
Kristi Capel, an Ohio news anchor, called Lady Gaga songs ‘jiga--- music’ while covering the Oscars with co-anchor Wayne Dawson.
The Ohio news anchor who used a racial slur while discussing Lady Gaga's Oscars performance has been temporarily taken off the air.

Fox 8 Cleveland news anchor Kristi Capel "will not be anchoring 'Fox 8 News in the Morning' for the remainder of the week," the station said in a statement Wednesday. She will be back behind the desk March 2,  Cleveland.com reported.

Channel 8's news director, Andy Fishman, declined to tell the Daily News whether Capel was suspended or had voluntarily taken herself off the air.

Capel came under fire after calling Lady Gaga songs "jiga--- music" on the air Monday morning, referring to a racist term for African Americans.

Capel, a former Miss Missouri USA, apologized on Twitter and during Tuesday's broadcast. She said she did not even know it was a word.

Michael Keaton, left, and Alejandro G. Inarritu, and the cast and crew of Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) accept the award for the best picture at the Oscars on Sunday, Feb. 22, 2015, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Julianne Moore accepts the award for best actress in a leading role for Still Alice" at the Oscars on Sunday, Feb. 22, 2015, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.Eddie Redmayne accepts the Best Actor in a Leading Role Award for "The Theory of Everything" onstage during the 87th Annual Academy Awards at Dolby Theatre on February 22, 2015 in Hollywood, California.Lady Gaga performs on stage at the Oscars on Sunday, Feb. 22, 2015, at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.VIEW GALLERY
Oscars 2015: Winners, losers and top show moments
"It's important for me to let you know that I deeply regret my insensitive comment," she said. "And I truly did not know the meaning of the word and would never intentionally use such hurtful language."

Channel 8 backed Capel in a statement, citing the anchor met with "a group of African-American clergy" to "begin the process of reflecting on the gravity of this incident."

"Kristi regrets her actions and realizes the impact of her mistake and the hurt she has caused," the statement said. "In her on-air apology, Kristi vowed to learn from this experience and has begun that process with help from clergy, friends, family and co-workers."

[email protected]

Lmao I don't think she meant to be offensive. I Think it was just the first word that came to her mind. I'm glad she wasn't completey fired forever.

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

"She said she did not even know it was a word."

Let me just say a word on live television that I don't know of because that makes perfectly sense. People who say stuff that hurts others but don't give a damm because their selfish heart is too dark are the worst. Watch her get a paid suspension just like all the cops hurting the people they are supposed to protect. :MANiCURE:

I see you're new to posting in News And Events :) You're doing a good job, you should just add sources at the end of your posts.

Ambrosia

I'm sorry but if you present yourself in front of others and with the news, you need to have a grasp of vocabulary terms, even if the words are no longer used.  She needs to stick to standard words of the English language.  You shouldn't use slang when a news anchor anyway.  That's a pretty offending word to just come out on a whim. 

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

She shouldn't be televised if she didn't even know it was a word.

Glad she wasn't completely fired though. This was more a matter of stupidity than it was about prejudice.

Archived